Butterflies

That night Sehun did call her. They talked an hour before he fell asleep on her.

Out of the blue, Namjoo's world was looking up. She was happy. Satisfied with every corner of her life. She had a lover. She had a good job despite it being temporary. She was living on her own.

No one and nothing could take her down.

Sehun was standing at the sixth-floor balcony watching her walk in the next morning. The sight of him sent exhilaration full rush through her. Grinning widely Namjoo let their eyes catch before she headed toward the elevator.

Flowers waited for her again in her office. A single red rose tucked in the center of each vase. On her desk a note handwritten by Sehun. Have a good day.

Energized, Namjoo went to work. Went to the cafeteria alone to grab something quick and brought it back to her office. Once she finished her snack her eyes jot toward the clock on the wall. Sehun hadn't contacted her for lunch. She was curious if he'd been able to eat at all.

Recalling his exhaustion yesterday she went down to the cafeteria again. Purchased a tortilla chicken wrap and a bottle of juice. Taking the elevator to the sixth floor she wondered if Sehun was busy. If he was on a phone call, she'd quietly leave the food for him.

Her heart fluttered the entire time she closed in on those dome doors. Today she'd put on a little extra makeup. She wanted to be pretty. She had even sprayed a generous amount of her expensive bottle of perfume, which she refrained from ever touching, all over her clothes.

Pausing in front of the door she knocked and waited a second before pulling the doors open. At the desk Sehun's head lifted. Her heart raced when a smile sprang to life on his lips. Namjoo thought about the long winding kiss yesterday and her heart tripped and rolled down a very steep hill.

Pushing his chair back, he walked around his desk toward her. He was so unbelievably handsome. Tall and the way he walked made her lose her breath. Never minding the food, he put his arms around her pulling her into a firm hug. Namjoo listened to him exhale and put his head on her shoulder.

Sehun was so real and warm she didn't know how to react. Even her brothers weren't this affectionate with her.

God, she had really landed on gold.

"I feel better." Sehun withdrew. Namjoo stared up at him unable to look away.

"I thought you might be hungry," Namjoo said.

"I haven't eaten," Sehun smiled. Taking her arm, he led her to the sitting area. Taking a seat next to her he asked, "What'd you get?"

"A chicken sandwich and a drink." Namjoo settled the food onto the coffee table. "Oh, I forgot napkins."

He grabbed her arm when she started rising. "Don't go, it's fine." When she sat back down, he teased, "If I get it on my mouth, you'll kiss it off, right?"

Her face heated. Unwrapping the sandwich Sehun laughed at her. Fine, she thought, he could win this round.

"I'm preparing the guest list and finalizing the designs for the women's fashion line," Sehun explained, "and preparing the speech I'll be giving at the hotel we're still working to reserve. There are coordinators to schedule and makeup artists I still need to contact for the models we'll be using, so there's a lot to do."

"I had no idea," Namjoo commented.

"I'll be pretty much stuck in my office, so come see me every day," Sehun looked at her. "Seeing you makes everything better."

Namjoo grinned. "Ok."

Her heart pounced when he brushed a finger across her cheek. "Don't be so cute. It makes me jealous."