The CEO

Namjoo blanked. Her mind transitioning into an empty slate.

Noticing his hand was still extended Namjoo touched it on autopilot. The warmth of his hand relayed a message that he was real and she wasn't fantasizing the impossible.

Too amazed Namjoo couldn't conjure anything to say. Introduce herself like she should. Her mouth just went slack.

His smile just grew throughout her silence. Namjoo didn't know what to think. How to think anymore.

He was, actually, very handsome. If breathtaking was taken literally, now was it.

The CEO let go of her hand replacing it something else. Feeling plastic Namjoo looked down discovering a single red rose tucked inside a plastic sleeve.

"The flowers," he said, "they're from me."

What?

"I'll get you new ones tomorrow," he explained, "but keep the rose."

⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕⸔⸕

He saw her first.

He always saw her first.

Starting from her resume. The day she first walked into the building. Watching from the sixth floor as she grinned more excitedly than the anxiousness tremoring through her, walking among the hires flocking toward the elevator. He saw her when she walked into the cafeteria. Joining the flow and copying them when they stood in line to order their food, shuffling through her bag for her wallet at the checkout line.

The intern who possessed some kind of bubbly air. Pretty swaying hair. Young and ambitious.

Sehun had an inkling for her.

And she was pretty.

Today he learned she looked better up close.

Majority of the designers came in male form. Tough and macho and obsessed with feminine forms, so it wasn't often a young female would want to join the gang of dominant males.

His heart pitter pattered as he rode the elevator up to his office. The entire sixth floor. Replaying the way Namjoo paused before peeking over her shoulder when he left. Catching his eyes one last time before the elevator doors closed.

He couldn't help but smile.

Crossing the linoleum flooring Sehun headed toward the two dome doors. The floors were so waxed that the golden walls bounced off the lights creating a mirage, leaving an impression of a gold empire. Those who had the chance to come up here always left with their jaw dropping.

Behind the dome doors was his suite-like office. A magnificent dark and almost red maple desk stretched out on his right. Situated behind it was an in-wall bookshelf. Textbooks from university, business management studies, psychological books about how to maintain a business, studies on moguls, and hidden among them fiction and tall tales. At his desk a huge leather comforter on four wheels waited for him.

The rest of the area opened up to a flat screen TV hooked to the wall. His brilliant set of furniture placed on either side of a shiny rectangular coffee table. Always swept clean in order to maintain its glossy appearance. In here was a kitchen. Fridge, oven, an electric smooth top stove, all the way to kitchen ware and tools, cupboards and drawers of spices and ingredients. Ordered, bought, whatever.

Down the winding hallway was yet another kitchen connected to its own living quarters. A bed and bath were available. Previously installed two years past for his own convenience. Sehun did occupy it from time to time when his schedule became intense and traveling to and from home was not an option.