Going Home- Part 1

1st person P.O.V.

I've been up for about an hour, I left Nathan to sleep and now I'm currently hunting for whatever I can get my hands on. So far I've found a handful worth of eatable wild berries and two rabbits. The snap of a twig breaks me out of my focus, spinning around, I spot Nathan.....looking around.....I can sense his fear...

Nathan: "(Y-Y/n)!..... Please don't tell me that you left me to fend for myself! I know how to set up camp but that's about it, other then that.......I'm basically useless!"

(Y/N): "I'm over here Nathan!"

His head turns in my direction, a sigh passing through his lips.

Nathan: "I-I'm not gonna' lie......you scared me there..."

I raise a brow.

(Y/n): "I just chose to let you sleep. I wanted to get a head start on hunting."

Nathan: "What did you manage to get?"

I lift up my right arm to show him the two rabbits that I caught, then I lift up my left arm and open my palm to show him the little bit of berries I've foraged. 

(Y//n): "I'm going to head back to camp and drop these items off.....do you know how to skin and gut them?"

Nathan: "Nope, not at all...."

I nod my head.

(Y/n): "That is fine...."

I take my claw on the index finger of my hand and fully cut around it's neck. I wiggle my fingers in between, get a good grip, then in one motion, pull down, I quickly gut the animal as well. I then do the same with the other one.

(Y/n): "Here take them.."

He holds the rabbits with a disgusted look on his face.

Nathan: "That and this.....is disgusting...."

He points at my hands and then the rabbits.

(Y/n): "Well now you know how people get it from the source...."

Nathan: "What do you want me to do with this?"

(Y/n): "Can you cook?"

He nods his head.

Nathan: "I can make a killer frozen pizza....."

I stare at him and blink a couple of times as he does the same....but with a big smile on his face

(Y/n): "You go and cook the rabbits, I'm going to go look for more berries."

Nathan: "Ok."

He turns and walks back to the camp.

.

.

.

.

I return back to the camp to the smell of roasting meat. He has both the animals on large sticks, positioned over the fire, the sound of sizzling and popping a constant reminder of the fact that I'm starving.

Nathan: ".....Do you think they're doing ok?"

(Y/n): "Drake and Adrian? No. But the rest of the pack? I believe so..... I've also been meaning to ask, do you happen to know where New Athens is based at?"

He looks at me as if I've gone insane.

Nathan: "You don't know where it is?"

(Y/n): "I have been living under a rock almost my entire life, so if you could be so kind, as to bless me with your limitless knowledge on the location of New Athens, I will take care of the rest of the food preparations...."