Missing

Everyone has something that makes them feel complete. Whether it's a person, a piece of clothing, or a different hairstyle, no one feels complete until they meet that missing piece of the puzzle.

I don't know where my piece is. It could be halfway across the ocean, for all I know.

Sitting here in my bed, I get a feeling of emptiness.

I'm missing something. Not an object or person, but a part of me.

My mom says she found the missing part of her when she met my dad.

Kaito says he found the missing part of him when he met Lily.

Miku says she found the missing part of her when she met Luka, her best friend. 

Luka says the same about Miku.

Luka's boyfriend then urged Luka to say she found the missing part of her when she met him.

Although, she fumbled to agree. Her and Miku have had some interesting moments together. Feeding each other and walking around the school with their arms locked. Now, those things wouldn't be peculiar if it weren't for the things they say each other. Saying "I love you" with a hint of truth is enough evidence that they're more than friends.

I do question whether they're merely best friends, but I decide not to press on the subject. When I ask them, they both blush and insist that they're only best friends. They don't even realize how much they love other, it's cute!

Although... I'm not looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend, I just want to find that missing puzzle piece.

Sighing, I look over at my clock and see that it's 12:23 in the morning. I have school in six hours. I don't bother to sleep, it's pointless now.

I'll have my thoughts keep me awake.

***

"Hey, Rinny!" I hear that all-too-familiar voice call out for me.

I turn and face the green haired girl running towards me in the hallway, smiling by instinct, "Hey, Gumi."

She swings her arm around my shoulders when she reaches me. Looking around, Gumi sighs, clearly distraught, "I don't want to go to class... I have math, it's so boring!"

I giggle and shrug, "I have history, that's twice as bad as math."

"Yeah but I'm pretty sure you get ten out of ten on all of your work." 

"Oh and why's that?" I say this knowing that this is just one of Gumi's cheesy pick up lines.

"Because you're a ten." 

She and I exchange laughs, but then we reach my class. I look to Gumi with a sincere grin on my face, "Thanks for walking me to class."

"No problem," a faint blush paints her cheeks as she removes her arm from around my shoulders, "see you at the bus lot?"

"Of course. See ya!" 

"Later." Gumi walks off, her green hair swaying with her motions.

I enter class and see Miku wiggling her eyebrows from the back of the room. She wants Gumi and I to date so badly, it's hilarious.

I go to my desk beside Miku and she immediately speaks up, "How's your girlfriend?"

I roll my eyes playfully and say back, "I could ask the same thing."

"I...!" She sighs and crosses her arms, "She has a boyfriend." 

"I mean, you didn't deny that Luka's your girlfriend."