Puzzle Pieces Connected

"That's... or, I guess, that was us?" I gaze at Len in my mirror.

"Yes, it was. That's why you've always felt empty. I am you. We are each other's missing halves."

"I... I believe it, but how am I here? Am I a time traveller or something?"

Len lets out a hearty laugh. "No, no! You see, back then, you got assassinated. You in this form is that Rin, but reborn. Of course, you don't have any of your memories, but-"

"No, I do. They were always dreams, but... but I remember." I start bawling. Is this my soul remembering?

"What do you remember?" He says, with great amount of concern.

"Didn't Luka... didn't she...?"

His eyes get covered with a coat of melancholy. "Yes, but-"

"Right after she killed Lily... all for fucking Miku!" I'm not talking. This isn't me. This isn't me. "If Miku hadn't been so goddamn selfish and took everyone for herself, then nothing would've happened! Luka was a fine girl, and that Hatsune took her and twisted her into oblivion! Luka is to blame for everything though. That disgusting servant took Gumi from me to cook in that bloody kitchen of hers.... The love of my life was gone before I knew it. Miku and Luka... I'll get back at them even if it's the death of me, and I'll get Gumi back too!" That wasn't me speaking. I pause. My crying has completely stopped out-of-nowhere. Taking in my words, I gaze at Len in shock with my hand over my mouth. "Was that the old Rin...?"

"Yes, it was."

"Oh my God... why did I talk about Gumi?!"

"In your old life, you and Gumi were the happiest couple in the village. You two planned to get married, but Luka kidnapped her and Gakupo to cook in the royal castle's kitchen, for Miku."

"Holy shit.... Miku and Luka were that evil?"

"Rin, believe it or not, they weren't. Luka never meant to kill you. She never would have if she knew it was you."

"But she still would've killed someone innocent?"

"Luka did indeed have her insanity issues when it came to the queen's orders, but Miku wasn't evil whatsoever. She was an immature child, as all of you will become soon. I do want to point out that even though-"

"How long were Gumi and I together?" I say with a red face. God, I shouldn't have asked that.

"Well, let's see... you were almost seventeen when you died and you two got together when you were seven. That would be... nearly ten years!"

"Wow..." I can't believe I'm occupied with the olden love lives. "You said Luka kidnapped Gakupo too. Did she love him?"

"No, never. She was in love with Miku all her life. They met when they were three years old."

"Did Miku love her?"

"Of course."

"How did they get separated?"

"Ah... it's not pretty."

"Tell me."

"Luka died by Miku's side. She fought the villagers who raided the royal castle, and then went to Miku's bedside. Since you died, I had no emotions. A huge part of my soul was ripped away. So, I did whatever was told to me. I barged open Miku's bedroom door and dumped Luka in the dirt." I see him start getting glossy eyes. "The teallette was crying over Luka... bawling. I had never seen a person miss someone so much. No one knows what happened between them behind those closed doors, or any of the closed door, but yes, they did love each other." He smiles amongst his tears. "Tell me, do they love each other now as well?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure they do."

"Huzzah!" Then his tone of voice takes a playful one. "And what about you and Gumi?"

"Ah, I'm not too sure. I think I like her... I don't know."

"I wish you all the best. How is Gakupo?"

"Well... um... him and Luka are dating, but she's leaving him for Miku tomorrow, I think."

"Yes, Luka and Gakupo dated before as well. They were only six years old when it happened, though Luka knew her heart was with Miku. How are Lily and Kaito?"

"They're in an on-and-off relationship. They have been for years." I decide to change the subject to an obvious one. "Do you think anyone remembers anything?"

"Yes, I know for a fact Kaito and Gakupo remember it all."

"How?!"

"I've visited them before. In the realm between life and death, they warned me to visit them when they're reborn or else they'll do the worst to me. So, I did just that, and they remembered immediately. They had dreams about everything."

"Oh... what about Miku? She always talks about feeling like she has known someone her whole life, but in a deeper way. She especially does that when talking about Luka." I sigh, rambling. "This is all so weird..."

"I'm sure it is, Rin, I'm sorry to have done this at such a time."

"It's okay, but I'm going to sleep... you should too."

"Of course. Goodnight, Rin."

"Goodnight." Then, I close my closet.

...

...

What the hell just happened?