Not so Invisible

Angelica Frost: smart, quiet, invisible. I'm not the kind of girl who tries to be seen. I sighed. Unfortunately, when you are friends with "the twins"; captain of the basketball team and the cheer queen herself, invisible isn't that much of an option. That was even more evident as I walked to the 'popular kids' table while the kids from my class started. Eva shooed the other girls off the table before energetically waving me over.

"Hey, Angel," Ethan greeted me as I sat. The nickname earned glares from some of the cheer chicks at the table next to us before Gwen glared back at them. I sighed, mentally cursing the fact that I stood out so much. On one side of the table Ethan, Leo, Jaden, V, and Blake sat talking basketball strategies and timetables with the girls next to me; Ema, Lettie, and Gwen. I sat quietly sketching and eating my fruit salad until I realized that the boys were staring at me and the girls glaring at them.

"What?" I asked. The look Ema gave me made me question asking, but Leo made me regret it all together.

"Is that all you're gonna eat for lunch?" the concern swirling behind his eyes were understandable- I didn't eat much and usually skip meals with them- but the gold flecks swirling with his usually jade eyes annoyed me. I glanced at Ethan, who had dropped his head into his hand, then up at Jaden who stared back with a stone face but a pleading look in his eyes.

I poped another apple cube into my mouth before glancing apologetically at Gwen and Ema and leaving the table. I hadn't made it passed the table before a smack sounded followed by a hissed 'Jaden' and the clicking of heels on the tile. The clicking persisted before being joined by the feel of another person following me but I refused to turn around. When I finally sat down in the courtyard where I usually stayed- unless it was Pre-Crash because Pre-Crash is chaos- Ema and Ethan sat opposite me.

This is why I avoided the cafe at lunch. And pre-crash. And any kind of gathering.

____---***---____

The drive home was silent. Jaden glared at Leo who glared right back while I sat between them with the headset in my ears playing Pens and Knives at full volume. Fifteen minutes later, we were walking up the stairs to the main packhouse, Pretty Little Psycho blaring in my headset, and all I wanted to do was finish my sketch.

"Angelica!" Leo screamed as I made a beeline for the stairs. I stopped and spun around. "Calm down, Princessa"

"I am calm, but don't call me that." Leo turned to look at Chris and Jaden- who promptly avoided the stairs and headed to the kitchen- before meeting my eyes with a glint of fear. When he didn't say anything I turned and continued up the stairs before being yanked back.

"Why are you mad at me?" Leo looked...scared? No. Nervous? I glanced up before looking where he gripped my wrist. The stair he had one foot on was almost to the third floor, with three alphas and four betas. Of course, being this close to the third floor made him nervous.

I wrung my wrist free from his grip before stepping fully onto the third level. "I'm not." I sighed, "I live with werewolves because my dad is mates with your alpha. Here you guys all treat me like I'm more fragile than the vases we broke running through the living room and foyer as kids. Can't I just be human at school?" I walked away rubbing my shoulder.

Smart, quiet...not so invisible...

____---***---____

Hay hay! Here's the first chapter! More to come soon. I hope you enjoyed. Chapter question: Do you have a 'pissed off' song that you listen to when you're mad? What is it? Mine is Wolf In Sheep's Clothing by Set It Off.

Vote, Comment and Share!