Sass Master, Coffee, and Breakdowns

*Louis' p.o.v*
        I woke up to my phone ringing. "Sass master from Doncaster, you are getting a call!" My ringtone said over and over, it was Tess' voice. I smile, picking up my phone. "Hello Tess!" I say, smiling at the sound of her name. "Hi!" She breathes out, i can hear her smiling. "What's up?" I say, popping the 'P.' "Are you busy? Do you want to meet at Starbucks?" She asks, cheerfully. I smile mentally doing my happy dance. "S-sure! I'll be there in 10 minutes." I say, as I bolt up to put some of Liam's sweatpants on. "Okay, bye!" She says, as she hangs up. When I'm done brushing my teeth, I yell for Liam. "LIAM IM GOING TO STARBUCKS WITH TESS, WANT SOMETHING?" I hear a groan. "I'll just get him a tea." I mumble, slamming the door behind me.

        I hum, getting in my car. 4 minutes later, I'm in starbucks, with my ray bands on, looking for Tess. All of the sudden, i hear someone calling my name. I whirl around, and see Tess with her beautiful blonde hair tied up into a messy bun, waving at me. I walk over. "Hi Tess! How was you're date with L-Lucas.." I say, plastering a fake smile on my face at the sound of Lucas' name. "I'll tell you about it over some coffee!" She smiles, skipping over to the small line of coffee addicts. We make small chat until the cheery girl at the cashier asks for our order, "I'll treat, you treated last time." I say, smiling. "I'll have a Chi tea latte, and a pumpkin spice latte for the white girl please!" I tease, tickling her, and she giggles quietly. "You two are so cute!" The cashier, Kelsey, squeals. "Now what's your names?" She asks, her sharpie ready to scribble down our names. "Just put it under Tomlinson, please." She nods and smiles, scrubbing down my last name. "T-tomlinson..." I see her face go pale. "Oh my gosh. you're Louis Tomlinson and you're Tess Williams!" She whispers, smiling. "I love one direction! A-and Tess! You are seriously my idol!" She says excitedly, keeping her voice calm just in case there are other fans in the cozy coffee shop. "Can I get a picture??" I ask, smiling. "You want a picture with me?!" She breathes out. "Of course! Erm! Hey lad?" I ask the guy in a fancy business suit, "You take a picture for us?" He nods, looking up from his phone. I hand him my phone, and Tess, Kelsey and I get close. I wrap my arms around their waists. "Okay. One... Two... Three!" I hear the camera snap a few times. "Thanks you so much!" Kelsey squeals to the man.

        After a minute of getting her Twitter and Instagram, one of the other employees yells, "Tomlinson!" As he slides our drinks onto the circular table for us to grab. We walk to our usual table, and she sips her latte. I see something flash on her ring finger...Then it hits me, and my heart plunges into my stomach. "W-What's that on your finger?" I trip over my words, trying not to cry. She puts down her coffee. "This is why I asked to hangout today. I wanted you to be the guy to know because you're my best friend," she takes a deep breath, "Lucas gave me a promise ring." She says, her face brightening. I feel my throat go dry and my eyes well up. "What's wrong?" She whispers, her face falling. "Tess. I lo-" I choke. Stopping myself from revealing the truth. Before she could say anything, I break down. I close my eyes and let the tears slip down my cheeks. I can't do this. I can't ruin our friendship.

Comment, vote ect! tysm! ily! xx