six

Lauren feels guilty for ignoring Camila. She knows Dinah hasn't talked to her yet, so she can only imagine what's going through Camila's mind. Thoughts that maybe she said or did something wrong, and Lauren knows what that feels like, so it makes her feel extra guilty. And like a hypocrite. Especially after asking Camila not to leave her in the dark anymore. Then again, Camila is doing just that as well by not telling Lauren that she still loves her. That's when Lauren stops pondering as it complicates her mind too much.

She's got a lot going on and needs a clear mind for the week.

Her move to back to Miami was finalized when she found a nice place not too far from her parents' house. It's relatively spacey, for just her and Cleo, but she can't complain.

"This is nice," Alexa comments while entering the new apartment with a box. Lauren nods as she takes in the details of the place. Everything is open and has a contemporary feel to it. The window gives a view of a waterway, which is not quite the isolated beach she would've liked, but she couldn't go through with that idea.

"Yeah, it's got a vibe to it," Lauren says as she falls onto the couch. She grabs the remote and decides to open Netflix.

"I'm so excited to have you back in Miami, we get to spend so much more time together," Alexa beams as she joins Lauren. Cleo hops to Lauren's other side and makes herself cozy.

"I needed this, the Pacific Ocean sucks ass," Lauren exaggerates and makes Alexa chuckle.

"You did not move because of an ocean, Lo," her friend states in a questionable tone.

"I did, I'm serious, the Pacific Ocean sucks ass, it's always so fucking cold. Who the fuck lets it get that cold?" Lauren furthers her exaggeration to help her case. Not that she has one, no, that's genuinely why she moved.

"Oh, so you just moved for the hell of it, huh? I guess you're some big popstar now," the taller one teases.

Lauren jokingly scoffs at the remark. She doesn't know what some big popstar feels like, because she's still able to wait in line for falafel, but what she does know is that there's no other reason for her move. Besides wanting to be home, of course. Nothing else, though.

"Nothing," Lauren accidentally assures herself aloud.

"What?" Alexa asks without seeming to notice Lauren's mini-panic.

"Uh, I- I was gonna say... nothing else could make me move back here besides an ocean, but I also moved to be closer to you," Lauren covers and playfully hugs her best friend.

"Get off of me," Alexa pushes her away while giggling. Lauren acts defeated and turns to a relaxed Cleo instead.

"Fine, my dog will love me," she goes to cuddle the small pet, but gets a fit of laughter from her best friend when Cleo bites at her.

"That's it, I'm moving back to Hollywood and you can keep her," Lauren stands and points to Cleo. She walks over to the kitchen as Alexa reaches out for her.

"No, come back," Alexa monotonously pleas. Lauren gives her the middle finger.

"I'm getting water."

"Oh, enjoy your Atlantic Ocean water then."

Lauren grabs a bottle and feels her phone go off. She hesitates to check it.

"I need to pee but pick something for us to watch," Lauren excuses herself. She locks herself in her restroom and slowly pulls out her phone. She sighs when she sees the contact name K.E..

-I'm trying this one last time. Hopefully it's just my phone messing up. Maybe it's not and you're upset or mad. I'm sorry. Can we talk about it?

Consecutively ignoring each of Camila's incoming texts and Skype calls starts to become routine for Lauren. She can only hope with no response that Camila will start to change her mind about loving Lauren. She knows she's sacrificing an entire friendship, but it's not like they were ever any good at that. Friendship.