Chapter 6: Wishing He Was Miles And Miles Away

Freddie's POV:

The next day

After John told me his news yesterday, I stayed shocked. We both went back home and I didn't know what to do with myself. I was worried about everything. But one question staid with me all day and all night afterwards. Who would be there for me?

I went to school still thinking about an answer for this question over and over again. I sat at our habitual table. I waited for the guys to come. For minutes and minutes. But no sign of them. They must have been with their boyfriend/girlfriend. And I was alone.

I walked to my class. I didn't bother stopping to walk when I heard Roger calling my name. I continued walking. I groaned when I felt his hand on my shoulder and he turned me around.

"What?" I spat impatiently.

"Don't tell anyone Fred." He begged.

I rolled my eyes and turned around to leave. At least I expected some sort of apology for dumping me this morning. He took me by the shoulder again.

"What?!" I exclaimed more loudly than before.

"Promise me you won't be telling anyone." Roger told me.

"I promise. Now, will you let me go?" I asked him annoyingly.

Roger pulled out an half annoyed half impatient face.

"What's with you, Fred? You're so grumpy today."

"What's with me? Are you serious Taylor? Can we talk about the fact I waited for all of you at the table for at least twenty minutes, and nothing. And after, I'm the one being blame for being late." I stated harshly.

He looked a bit confused for a few seconds.

"We all agreed to not go this morning, since Brian needed to do something." He explained to me.

"I guess 'all' doesn't include me anymore. I haven't been told." I told him.

I turned around to leave again and started walking away.

"My god, Fred. Why are you making this a big thing? You can calm the drama queen act for moment." He grumbled.

This time, I was the one coming back to him.

"I'm tired of feeling left out all the fucking time." I snapped.

"You're never left out, Fred. Stop making this a big thing. You're making a scene now."

I didn't listen to him nor did I look at the people staring at us. He didn't understand a thing. He didn't even cared.

While walking to my classroom, I noticed some of the guys from the gang that bullied everyone causing a problem with an other student. It wasn't until I approached them that I realised who was being the target.

Brian?

Before I had time to react in anyway, I saw one of the guy's fist flying and connecting to Brian's jaw. My friend fell to the floor because of the strength of the impact. They didn't have time to do anything more as I charged directly into them.

"Who the fuck are you thinking you are?" I yelled.

My own fist found itself on them. One hit each. I never considered myself a violent person, but I had enough of them. Enough of everything today. It must have been the reason why I felt so angry. Everything bottled up inside wanted to come out, like a fire tranquilly becoming bigger and bigger.

Both of them stumbled on their feet a bit. I wasn't strong enough to make them fall. And in one second, the anger vanished, replaced by an heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach. A painful feeling that wouldn't go anymore.