1. How it began

Above, is a video of how they met.  Before you read the story, watch the video.

This story begins on how I believe that Elena met Damon first. The town of Mystic Falls was just an ordinary town until the first day that Elena went back to high school. She had just broken up with her boyfriend Matt.  She just got to school and saw Bonnie and Caroline in the parking lot.  Suddenly, a car pulled up that Elena did not recognize. The person got out of the car and the girls saw him. Their mouths dropped open.

The boy headed to the building to get his class schedule for the year.  Elena, Caroline and Bonnie followed him because they were so curious about who he was.  When he was in to get his schedule for classes, the girls overheard his name.  His name was Damon Salvatore. 

Elena said to the girls "Wow, he is so handsome!!"  Both Caroline and Bonnie agreed with Elena.  After Damon was done getting his class schedule, the bell rang and the first class was about to start. After class, Elena was so excited to know more about Damon that she thought that she was going to get a chance to talk to him. She was going to find out about him, even before Bonnie and Caroline could. At lunch, Elena saw Damon and thought that this was her chance to talk to him.

She went up to Damon and asked if he had anyone to sit down with for lunch. He just told her no. So, she said to him "Damon, would you like to sit with me at lunch?" Damon looked at Elena and said "Absolutely, that is so very kind of you."   When Damon and Elena sat down, they had talked about both of their backgrounds.  Elena told him about how her parents died and that now she lives with her aunt and brother.  Damon told Elena about that he only lives with his younger brother. She was so very interested in Damon that she really wanted to know more about him. Elena said to Damon that her aunt's name is Jenna and her brother's name is Jeremy. Damon told Elena that his brother's name is Stefan.