2. Mystery

As the day went on, Damon thought that he would love to talk to Elena more.  Before lunch ended, Damon asked Elena what she was doing after school.  She said to Damon "I am just going to be going home for awhile and then out with my friends."  Elena asked Damon if he would like to join her, Caroline and Bonnie. 

He was so excited to hear that.  So, he agreed to come along with the girls. Elena then went home to get ready to meet up with Caroline and Bonnie. When she got home, Aunt Jenna asked Elena how her day went. She told her "I had a great day. Also, Bonnie, Caroline and Elena saw this adorable new student today. I got to talk him with a little bit. His name is Damon Salvatore. I just asked him to go out with us girls tonight. Is that okay with you?" Aunt Jenna looked at Elena and said "Sure, that is great. I would really like it if you got to know more about him. If you get anymore information, let me know."  Elena got herself ready and then called Caroline first to ask if she was ready to head out.  After she got off the phone with Caroline, she called Bonnie to ask if she was ready to head out.  There was a party that their friend Vicki was having.  Elena then met up with the girls at Vicki's house.

After awhile when Elena got to Vicki's, Damon showed up.  Elena saw him and thought about going over to talk to him. She went over to talk with Damon. He said to her that his brother's name is Stefan.  She asked Damon "How long have you been living in Mystic Falls?"  He told Elena "I have been living here all of my life." Elena was then wondering why she has never seen him before today. Elena asked Damon "Why haven't I ever seen you if you have lived here all your life?" Damon told her that he went to a different school before coming here.  He also wanted to let Elena know that he had an ex-girlfriend named Katherine.  But, Damon was so worried about what Elena might think.  Elena asked Damon to tell her about himself. 

He said to her "There are strange things that I want to tell you, but I am afraid of what you might think of me."  He first explained that he was not as old as she thought he was.  She asked "Are you younger than me?"  Damon wanted to say no, but instead he told her that he was older than her. She saw that he was wearing a ring that she had never seen before. Elena said to Damon "That ring is something that I have never seen before. Is that something special?"

Damon said to her "The only problem with this ring is that I can't take it off."  Elena was really puzzled by what he meant by that.  She wanted him to show her the ring, but he did not take it off. He just held out his hand so she could look at it. He did start to tell her about Katherine. Damon said "When I was younger, I met a beautiful girl named Katherine.  At that time, I thought that she was the most beautiful girl in the world.  But, then when I saw you for the first time, you looked exactly like Katherine."

Elena asked Damon "I was wondering if you have a picture of her?" Damon said to her that after the party the two of them could go back to his house. She told him that she would have to call Aunt Jenna first. He said to her "Or course you can call your aunt after the party."  After the party, Elena called Aunt Jenna and asked if she could go with Damon back to his house.  Aunt Jenna was so surprised that Elena was asked to go back to his house.  Jenna asked Elena if the party was over yet.  Elena answers her and said "Yes."  Jenna thought about it for a minute and finally said "Sure.  Call me when you are going to be heading home."  Elena told her "Alright, thanks Aunt Jenna."  When Elena got off the phone, Damon asked Elena if he could give her a ride. She told him that she drove to the party. Elena said to Damon "How about if I follow you there?"  Damon said to Elena "Sure, that would be great." 

Damon and Elena drove back to his house.  When they got there, he asked her if she wanted him to show her around the house.  Elena was surprised that he asked her.  She said that she would really love to see the place.  He showed her around the house.  Elena could not believe on how big it was.  She said to Damon "Wow, your house is so beautiful.  And you said that it's only you and your brother that lives here?"  Damon said "Yes, it's only just the two of us that live here." Elena said to Damon " Don't forget that you told me that you would show me a picture of Katherine."

"That's right, I will have to go find the picture."  Damon said to Elena.  He went to go find the picture in his room.  Damon came back from finding the picture, he said to Elena that he found it. He showed the picture to her and she was so shocked that how Katherine looked exactly like her!  Elena said to Damon "I just can't believe how much Katherine looks so much like me!" Damon wanted to say to Elena that he was interested in her because she looked so much like Katherine. After Elena saw the picture, she said to Damon "I'm so sorry, but I have to go." Damon was surprised she said that and did not know what he should say next.