3. Katherine's Picture

Elena headed home and when she walked in the door Aunt Jenna was there. Aunt Jenna asked Elena how her night went. She told her that she had a great time at first, then when she went to Damon's house she saw a picture and she got scared.  She decided to come home. There was a knock at the door. Jenna said to Elena that she would answer the door. When she opened the door, Damon was standing there. He said "Hello, you must be Elena's aunt. My name is Damon Salvatore.  Is Elena here? She left something of hers at my house and I just wanted to return it to her."

Jenna said to Damon to wait at the door so she could go tell Elena that he came to the house. Jenna saw Elena in her room and said to her "Hey Elena, Damon is here to see you. He said to me that you forgot something at his house.  I think that you should come downstairs to see him." Elena said to Jenna "I will be there in a few minutes. Just tell Damon to wait for me."  A couple minutes later, Elena came down to see Damon.  Elena said "Hi Damon, is there something that you need?"  Damon said to Elena "I noticed that you left the house so quickly and also you forgot your phone.  May I come in and we can chat awhile?  My uncle, who I sometimes talk to, says that I should ask if I can come in someone's house before I want to talk about myself."

Elena said to Damon "Yes Damon, you may come inside.  We can talk in the living room." So, Damon and Elena went into the room to talk. Damon started to tell Elena how everything began. He said to her "First thing is that I just want to tell you something straight out without you being scared."  Elena thought that something strange was about to happen. 

Damon said "First thing is that you have nothing to worry about."  Elena came right out to say "Damon, how old are you?"  He said to her "I am 20 years old.  I have been 20 since 1925."  Elena did not know what to think about that.  She was just in shock.  She said to him "Damon, I don't know how that can be because you look so young." Damon said to Elena "I have only one question, do you believe in vampires?" Elena did not know what to say at first.  Then she said "Well, I have read stories about them. So, you could say maybe I might believe in them."

Damon said to her "I hope that I don't scare you away, but I am a vampire." Elena suddenly thought to herself that she was not scared at all.  Damon was so glad that she was able to handle his story. 

She said to him "Damon, I would love to know more about you."  He said to her that Katherine made him a vampire at this age.  Elena said to Damon "You don't look your age."

Damon loved it when she said that. Suddenly, Jenna came into the room.  Damon said to Elena "How about if we meet tomorrow sometime and I can talk to you more about me and anything else that you might want to know?"  Elena said "Sue, that would be great.  Let's talk tomorrow.  I will text you in the morning so we can set up a time to meet up and talk more."  Before Damon left, he said goodbye to Jenna and Elena.  Damon then got in his car and headed home.

The next day, Elena had text Damon asking what time they should meet up with each other.  He sent her a message back saying 5 o'clock.  She said that she agreed to that time.  So after school, Elena said to Damon "Let's go back to my house to talk.  Jenna won't be home for awhile "  Damon wanted to make sure that it was definitely alright with Jenna.  He told Elena to call her and say what was going on while she was gone.  Elena called her, but there was no answer. Damon said to Elena "Let's wait a few minutes and then you can try to call her back." Elena agreed with Damon. They waited about 10 minutes and Elena called Jenna. Finally Jenna answered the phone. Elena asked Jenna "Would it be alright if Damon and I go to the house to just talk? Jeremy is not home yet." Jenna said to Elena "Sure. I will be home shortly."