Chapter 1

Music played, people chatted, waiters shuffled around with trays of drinks or  platers of food. It was the perfect environment for one of the occupants to relax after the day. But the annoying ring of a cell phone would be added to the various sounds of the busy restaurant. The owner pulled it out annoyed that someone would interrupt the dinner that he was halfway through. 

"Who is this?" Asked the phone's owner, Raymond Reddington.

"Rumor has it that 'The Assassin' is in New York," The other person replied. 

"Why do you think I care?" Red smirked. 

"Because someone is chasing her head," with that the line went dead. 

He sat there thinking about the infamous criminal. One known for their exceptional assassinations, never being caught, and not known to the regular world. Red had known them for sometime and couldn't think of the last time he and The Assassin had been face to face. He paid his bill and exited the building moving to the car waiting outside. Dembe greeted him as he enter the vehicle. Red tried to act like it was just a normal night, but Dembe could quickly tell something was wrong. 

"Is everything alright?" he asked Red. 

Red shook his head before he replied, "no its not." 

#115

I leaned up against one of the support beams in the abandoned warehouse watching a man pace back and forth down below. All was quiet except for the faint sound of my heart beating in my chest as I carefully pulled my gun from my holster why moving into a tactical position. I took a deep breath aiming the weapon at the target below. The silence of the location is broken by the echo of a bullet exiting the chamber of the gun. The man falls to the ground in a lifeless heap. I re-holstered my gun then climbed down to the now bloodstained concrete floor. I knelt down next to the man's lifeless form pulling a few surgical tools out of the inside of my jacket. With careful precision, I removed my bullet from the victim's body. 

"No casing," I grinned, "No trace." 

I was walking out of the building to my car when suddenly my phone goes off. 

"Graham," I answered.

"Is it done?" asked my employer.

"Do you know who you're talking to?" I snapped.

"Good, the money has been transferred," He answered then the line went dead. 

"Typical, just typical."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Red

"We have to find her," Red informed Dembe. 

"You made a deal to never see her again," Dembe commented, "she won't be compliant." 

"I have heard of a threat to her life," He let out a deep sigh.

"Because of you?" asked Dembe. 

"Not sure."

"Do you know who is trying to kill her?"

"No, but I have a feeling we will find out soon."

"She won't want your help." 

"I know." 

"Do you know where she is?" 

No," Red shook his head, "And I have no idea how to find her." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~