Chapter 3

3rd Person

Red flew out of the car at the location Aram had given him. He entered the garage gun raised with Dembe right behind him. They enter the house through a back door and themselves in a living room. He swivels around checking the room for any sign of life before walking further into the house. He walked down the hall looking at the bullets holes that were imprinted in the drywall. He moved into another room and was met by blood stains on the floor. He followed the dyed-red floor boards fearing the worst. He turned a corner and found her lying on the ground in a pool of blood. 

"Oh no," he let out as he leaned down next to her feeling for a pulse. There was one there, but it was faint. Red picked up her phone to see who she called last. There were six unknown numbers and the number he was called. Red pulled out his own phone and called one of his contacts to set up an emergency medical room for the woman.  

"Dembe," Red looked up at his friend, "We need to find the person that did this."

"How do you suggest we do that?" Asked Dembe. 

Red let out a deep breath before he replied, "By any means possible."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Red sat next to Kelsy's bed listening to the sound of the heart monitor beep. His emergency medical team had rushed to perform surgery on the woman. She was stable for now but no one knew when she was going to wake up. Dembe stood outside the makeshift medical room watching the pair. He recalled the first time he had met the woman. She had been nothing but a lonely forgotten teen living on the street just trying to survive. 

She walked down the street with her hands shoved deep in her pockets. her eyes dart from side to side analyzing targets in hopes of pulling some cash to pay for her next meal. Her eye locked onto a man standing by a car. As his hand brought a cup of coffee to his lips, her eyes catch sight of a silver watch on his wrist. She made a swift move as she walked by, bumping into him and making him spill his drink all over his suit.

"Oh! I'm so sorry," she said as she reached out her fingers tugging at the clasp as the man stared down at his coffee stained attire. She slipped the watch off as she started to walk away. Before she could make as escape someone grabbed her shoulder. She turned around to see a tall black man looking down at her.

"Hand it over," he said.

"Hand over what?" she snapped raising her hands, "I have nothing."

The watch was already in a pocket inside her coat. He glared down at her with an intense stare.

"You know what I mean," he sternly stated.

She let out a deep sign as she reaches into the pocket pulling out the watch. She held it out turning her gaze away from the men.

"You stole my watch," the man she stole lifted the .

"I did, I just need some cash," she bowed her head.

"How old are you?"

"Why do you care!" she snapped.

"What's your name?"

"Kelsy. Kelsy Graham."

"Why are you on the street?"

"Ran away from my foster home."

"Where's your real family?"

"Dad left and Mom's dead."

"What was your mom's name?"

"Rebecca Graham."

"Come on," the man held out a hand to the girl," I'll get you something to eat."

Red stepped out of the room snapping Dembe out of the memory. 

"We need to find the man that did this," Red stated and Dembe could hear the bitterness in his tone.

"And do you suggest we do that?" Asked Dembe. 

"We start with the Task Force." 

"Do you think thats the best idea?" 

"Its a start."