Chapter 7

After that day, you didn't bother to ask Jungkook anymore about his personal life. But it would always bother you when he would suddenly disappear when the weather was nice. It bothered you that he never ate or drank anything, at least not in front of you. It bothered you that he was always very ice cold. But you never got any answers to these. You didn't think too much about it since it made you go crazy.

You were leaving from school, getting into Jungkook's car, you said, "Sorry I'm late." You both would always go home together in his car. That was your usual routine by now. "Hey, lets go somewhere." He asked. "I don't know. I don't really go out much." You said. "It's okay. It'll be nice if you would get out more." "Okay. But where?" You asked. "You'll see." Jungkook said as he drove. He stopped the car in the woods. "Come with me." He said, getting out of the car. You followed him. He wanted to hold your hand and lead you ahead but he knew he was too cold to touch you, so he didn't. You both walked up the hills . You got to a point from where you could see the whole town through the tall woods. "See." He said. "Woah. I've never seen anything like this before." The view was indeed breathtaking. Small streams of rivers, joining to form the lake, making its way through the woods. You both hiked up the hills. You stood amidst the woods and took a fresh deep breath which soothed your muscles. You had never been in the woods even though you lived in the town for a while. This little adventure really changed your mood. You felt alive. Thanks to Jungkook.
There was a small beam of sunlight falling on your face. You raised your hand so that the light was falling on your palm now. You smiled at it. You saw Jungkook eyeing the beam of the sun. "Hey!" You waved in front of his face. "What happened?" You asked. "N- Nothing." He said. You wanted to go to the top of the hills to have a better view but Jungkook backed away since there would be more sunlight at the top. "Please Jungkook. We've come this far, might as well go to the top." You begged him and he kept saying no. "Please Kook. For me." You gave him puppy dog eyes. Did she just call me Kook? He couldn't resist your cuteness. He gave in. Ah y/n! You both made your way to the top. You raised your hands in the air, letting the breeze take over you, while you absorbed the soft sunlight. Jungkook looked at you from the shade and smiled. He liked you being happy. He always wanted to see you happy as he'd do anything for your happiness. He really loved holding you, playing with your hair and all the little moments you had but there was always a thought that disturbed him. Will she accept me?
You both raced your way back. Giggling and laughing like kids. When you got to the car, you put on the music, which played your favourite dance song and you immediately started moving to the beats. Jungkook smiled at your sight and joined in. You both, not caring about the world, giving in, to the rhythm, your hands in the air, enjoying the music, smiling and laughing till your cheeks hurt. You eventually got tired and stopped. Breathing heavily, you looked at each other, and smiled. Before you knew, you pulled Jungkook in a hug. He hesitated at first but then he embraced you in his arms, caressing your back. You could feel his cold body against you, but his embrace made you feel warm inside. And at that moment, you knew you were in love with him. He made you feel what no one could. Your heart was beating so fast, as if it was gonna explode in your chest. You pulled back smiling at him. "Thank you so much Kook. I needed this."you said. "Did you just call me Kook?" He asked. "Um yeah. I thought you might like it. I'm sorry if-" "No no, I love it." He said, grinning playfully.
You got back home and that smile on your face that Jungkook gave you, never left. "Honey, where have you been?" You mom asked, being worried. "Um sorry mom. I was with Jungkook." By now your mom knew about Jungkook since you've mentioned him before. She knew he was a really great guy and he looked out for you.. "Okay honey. But please inform me if you're being late." "Okay mom." You went to your room. You realised you were humming a song. You looked at yourself in the mirror and smiled sheepishly. You have never been this happy in a long time. You don't even remember when was the last time that you laughed so much. You realised you were falling hard for him and this time you were not going to deny your feelings. I like him. Hell, I love him so fucking much. I can't hold onto my feelings now. You decided you had to confess to him, even if he didn't feel the same for you. You didn't care now. You just wanted to get it off your chest. You texted Jungkook to meet you at the park, the next day.
Jungkook pov
Today was really something. You felt so happy that you could scream Y/n's name from the top of the mountains. She made you happy in many different ways. You already liked her but now fell in love with her. You felt so different after the hug, you never wanted to let go. You didn't realise you were smiling at yourself when your 'sister' entered your room and said, "What are you smiling at?" "I really love her Jennie. So much. I can't even explain." He said. "This cant be happening Jungkook. You need to remember that she's a human after all." She said. "So what? I love her and I will never hurt her." "But we both know you're a danger to her anyways. Think about her Jungkook." She said and left. Jennie's words kept ringing in your ears making you feel uncomfortable.
Next day.
You got ready to meet Jungkook and finally confess your feelings to him. You were a little nervous but you were gonna do it anyways. You walked to the park and saw Jungkook sitting on the bench. He looked a little sad. But you were determined to confess your feelings. Now or never Y/n. You sat beside him. "Hey." You said. "Hey." He said blankly. "So Jungkook there's something- " you were just about to speak when he interrupted you. "Y/n we can't be friends." "W-What?" "I- I can't do this." He said, looking away. "Kook, what do you mean?" You said, touching his arm. He pushed it away slightly and stood up. "Y/n! Stay away from me okay. I'm not good, not for you. I'm sorry." He backed away from you. You couldn't hold your tears. "Well" you started speaking, wiping your tears away. "I came here to tell you that I love you, like a lot. But if this is how it ends.." you said looking at him but he didn't look at you. You couldn't take it anymore. You didn't even finish. You were so hurt, so sore in your heart that you wanted to go home and cry a river. You ran away from him. You ran on the streets, on the road, your eyes were blurry and before you could see, you were amidst the road, a bunch of moving vehicles passing by you. You wiped your tears and saw a truck coming at you. You closed your eyes sharp and there was just darkness.