Halloween Special: Tricks and Treats

Reminders:

[Thoughts]

Foreign language, currently French

~

Sebastian calmly went about his morning duties, perfectly creating the perfect breakfast for his three charges. Assembling the tray to be taken to their respective rooms, his demon senses did not catch the pair of excited eyes greedily drinking in his form. A long red tongue licked its lips, revealing a set of shark-like teeth.

This day was starting out quite nicely........

_***_

Not so for Alice Trancy. She wasn't a morning person, not in the least.

"Five more minutes, Seb," she muffled into her pillow, burying her scrunched-up face deeper into it as if she could rewind time with it.

The butler sighed in long-suffering endurance. "It is eight o'clock, Ms Trancy. Eight o'clock precisely. You can no longer get in five more minutes and you certainly cannot fit in five hours. We are exactly twenty-four hours away from November 1st, and your first ballet recital since coming back from Russia. There is still lots of work to do."

The indirect mention of the date had the blonde alert in under record time. [Oh shit, I have to see Them today!] She flew through her prep for the day, dressing herself faster before he could get anything in edgewise. Then Alice dashed through the hallways (very unladylike) to find Cierra.

"Woman! It's the Day!" Cierra only nodded and nonchalantly shrugged her sister-friend off, acting like the glomp did nothing.

"I just saw one of our co-conspirators passing by; I'm actually surprised that Sebby hasn't found him yet. You'd think the dude would jump him as soon as possible..." 

"Are there gonna be costumes?"

Cierra smiled.

"What do you think?"

Several hours later.......

This was not good.

Finny seemed to have gotten half of the tree pruned before going missing, based on the uniformity and the cuttings on the ground. Sebastian rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he added, [And he was caught by surprise.] There was a bigger cutting than most of the others, possibly the one he cut while being ambushed. No intruder had gotten the better of him, though.

He narrowed his eyes. Something was going on.

Then......

Mey-Rin. Left. The laundry. Again. Although in her defense, it didn't look like she meant it. Then again, that was the cause for 100% of her accidents.

The butler was starting to get a tick with all this mess jumbling his schedule. If there was anything that annoyed him more than a dog with Sutcliffe's name on it, it was not being on schedule. Just wait until he found whoever caused all this ruckus......

Keep going.............

Alright, that was enough.

Taking Mey-Rin, leaving him to wash? Acceptable.

Kdnapping Finny, having completed only half his task? Fine. He could deal with it.

But nobody sane would get Bard while he turned on that damned flamethrower. It was burning the stone counter, for the sake of sin!

Although he had to commend the skills of whoever it was that snatched them. He never even got so much as a whiff of their scent. The hunter in him was thrilled at the blatant challenge, but the day's previous irritations also warranted some payback. He opened the door to the dining room.

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" The household (plus extras) chorused joyeusly.

The room was decorated to emphasize the darkly formal wallpaper and matching drapes that always graced the windows of Phantomhive manor. The chandelier candles were red and eerie, and streamers of orange pumpkins with faces on them were strung up along the walls.

But it was the costumes that hinted at the occasion. Cierra and Alice looked like they made an effort to look dead. Ciel seemed to have refused to be drawn into anything too extreme, but he was goaded into flowing robes that were dark, even for him. Mey-Rin, Finny, and Bard, the (stupid) servants that started all this, looked like a trio of mashed-up body parts with portruding metal knobs at the base of  their necks. Sebastian sweatdropped.

Of course humans would want to make a holiday out of All Hallows' Eve.

"C'mon, Seb!" Alice crowed. "We've got all the sweets" --Ciel perked up --"and Halloween treats possible to be procured in this city. It is the best night of the year for nearly everyone in this room, so let's get this party started!"

"Oh Basssy!~" Grell dramatically called, spreading his arms wide for a mega-glomp. "On this, most fell of nights, it has become possible for you to feel my love-"

He crashed into the wall next to a nonplussed demon butler, and everyone laughed.

~

A.N: Guys, sorry for the lateness, but I can't seem to get any ideas for my Red Hot Hell Halloween special. I might be late for this chapter, so don't get too disgruntled.