ಥ Chapter 12: The Person I Love ಥ

The spring's breeze is feeling so fresh when it is mixed up with the fragrance of the blooming springtime's flowers. The petals that are lingering in the air with the wind makes the street look too beautiful like in a fairy tale. Fier is sitting alone on a bench at the park. Her mind is somewhere else. Suddenly, tears falling on the book that she is holding. Her heart aches so much these days.

   Fier's phone vibrated. A message from Detective Ashia is coming in.

  "I heard you take a case from Sky High School. What are you planning?"

  Fier looked at the message silently and turn off her phone. She shoved her phone in her denim pant's side pocket. She stand up and dusting her pant before walked to the nearby subway station.

  When she was lost in her thoughts while waiting for the train, she feel a warmth suppressed on her left cheek. In her surprise she see K is standing in front of her with two cups of hot matcha latte, one being pressed on her cheek.

  'What happened? You look distracted a lot these days.' He said and sit next to Fier. She take the hot matcha latte's cup.

  'I know you dislike it hot but I think you shall taking something warm in this weather.' K continued. Fier look at the hot matcha latte's cup at her hands.

  'Thank you.' She smiled a bit.

  'I have something to tell you. Let's grab something to eat first on the way back home.' He said.

  'Enn...' Fier's eyes are fixated on the cup's lid at her hands.

  All the way inside the train, both of them are standing in silent. Suddenly, K put one of his earphones on Fier's ear. She a bit taken aback. When she tried to speak, he make a 'shhhh' sign with his finger. Then, he volume up the song he is been listening to a little bit. Fier's gloomy expression is become brighter a little.

  After get down at their station, they are taking a walk around the food bazaar nearby.

  'Eat whatever you like, today is my treat.' Said K.

  'Hmm... are you sure?' Fier is doubting him. She blinked few times of disbelief.

  'You don't like it?' He looked at her.

  'If so, come with me.' She pulled his arm. Smile widely. Something is been on her mind.

  They have arrive at the Takoyaki's stall. She ordered two packs. After that, she bought two cans of soda. K been obediently followed her until they found the spot near the lake. A woody bench under the wisteria trees. The surrounding looked so majestic with the lights and the flowers, mix together.

  'Here try this. Open your mouth.' Fier feed K a ball of Takoyaki.

  'How is it?' She asked after she saw he swallowed it.

  'Delicious...' He said with a smile. The Takoyaki is indeed incredibly delicious, no doubt she loves it so much.

  'I know it right?' She eat one herself, smiling.

  K look at Fier. She is back of being herself now. Glutinous and easily pleased. He wants to ask her about the things that bother had been her all this time but he do not want to ruined that moment. Suddenly, Fier stopped eating.

  'Ahha... What did you want to talk about just now?' She look at him cheerfully.

  K snapped from his day dreaming. He adjusted his sitting posture and clearing his throat.

  'I will be moving out tomorrow. My house has been completely fixed.' He finally tell her after a week of preparing how to tell her. End up he told her in a plain way like that. He blamed himself about it. All his practices are wasted.