Chapter 10 - The Oncoming Affliction & Trouble

I'm so so so so so sorry that I didn't update earlier! Please forgive me! I was doing so much stuff lately that I just didn't really pay attention to updating! But then I saw all those comments on my last chapter, that my fans are waiting for me to update! So I took the liberty to start writing!

Please forgive me of my sins! Lol

__

-Avery POV-

I'm standing in my dad's empty office room, the one he was going to put a desk in and use for his studies. My mom is to my left while I'm in-front of the door; my dad standing in-front of me across the room, facing the wall. It seemed like he was deep in thought, until my mom finally decided to say something.

"Honey, I think it's time." Her soft voice resounded on the lofty walls.

I listened intently, waiting for my dad to speak. He turned my way, rubbing his wrinkled forehead with his hand. He spoke with profundity, "Well Avery, you know how in some books there are different races, like elves, vampires, and all of those sorts?-" I nodded my head slowly, unsure of what he's talking about, or what he's going to say next, "-Well, our race is...-We aren't exactly-" He stops for a few seconds, before saying the worst thing I have never expected, "-Human."

I froze, my mind is scrambled eggs now. The only thing that registered in my mind was the words that my dad just uttered, 'we aren't exactly human.'

"Dad, what do you mean we aren't human!? I feel like one, so what could you possibly be talking about?" Panic was spreading through me. What did he mean? I kept asking those 4 words in my head, until I hear my dad let out a big sigh, running his hand through his now tousled dark-brown hair.

He glanced towards mom with a certain look I couldn't decipher. My mom gave him a slight nod before dad turned back to me. "I guess I will just have to come out and say it. Just don't freak out and run," He observed me before speaking again "We are Werewolves."

My whole body froze, my heart mimicking my body. Werewolves. How could my one and only dad possibly expect me not to freak out about this!? It's like taking in someone's death. But I would cry if someone died, not freak out.

I ran. Ran as fast as I could out of the room, down the hallway towards the stairs. Running down the stairs past my brother who has already stopped playing his game. He had a look of disquiet written on his face, with concern when I ran past him.

Once I made my way through the front door, I ran down the road. I didn't know where I was going, but it's better then home right now. Being crowded in a house full of Werewolves wasn't in my schedule this year or the next after that, and the next after that. Who knew I was a Werewolf!? Well I didn't obviously, but my family knew, and now I just figured out that they were hiding it from me through all my life. It's good they were hiding it from me when I was like 6, because if they did tell me at that age, I would've never believed them. But to hide it from me till age 17 isn't right.

After running for a few minutes, I stopped at the edge of the forest. Looking around to see if anyone followed me, but to my appeal no one did. Letting out a sigh I made my way through the forest, not really paying attention to where I was going. All I knew is that I was dodging all the fallen branches and holes.

How could dad just come out and say that!? Telling me we are Werewolves for god sakes! I can't just live a life like nothing big just happened. After hearing that, I knew my life was going to change a lot. I knew big things were going to happen.

I stopped at a big redwood tree, sliding down against it with my legs bent, covering my face in my hands. Why did this have to happen? My life was perfect before dad even told me the truth. I wish he would've never told me. It would've been better. I wouldn't have to be worrying about me being an over grown hairy dog. Really I don't mind having new abilities, but turning in to a huge beast is way different.