Missing

Vincent was up early that morning. He had heard everything last night. He had heard Bo bring in the girl home and sit in the living room with her. He had heard them talking. He had heard why she was out there. And he had heard Bo leave her on the couch for the night.

Vincent snuck up from his area in the basement and into the main house. He paused as he slowly opened the door and listened. The whole house was dead silent. Neither Bo or the girl had gotten up yet.

Vincent slowly slipped through the gap in the door and closed it behind him, listening for the faint click of the lock. When it finally came, he turned and headed down the staircase, looking to see where she was at.

When he finally made it into the area just beyond the front door he paused and turned his head to look at the back of the couch. He considered going over to look at her. He wanted to see what Bo had brought home.

He quietly turned and walked over to the couch, peering over the back of it. There he saw her. She was laying in her side with the blanket drawn up to her face. Her h/c hair laid almost covering most of her face. Vincent reached down slowly and pulled her hair back, exposing more of her face.

She had to be in her 20's and was oddly pretty. Vincent watched her for a moment before he turned and headed for the door. He knew Bo better than Bo knew himself and Vincent knew what he had to do.

Vincent didn't give it another thought as he queity left the house that morning.

*
*
*

Bo rolled over onto his back and ran his right hand through his hair. He slowly sat up and tried to rub the sleep from his eyes. Bo opened his eyes and looked at the door, slightly confused. He could smell food cooking.

As he stood up from bed, he looked over at his clock to see it was only six-thirty. Bo got dressed quickly and crossed the room, grabbing his hat off the dresser before he opened the door and stepping out into the hallway.

He trotted down the stairs and turned to look into the kitchen, expecting to see Vincent. He was even more confused when he saw your form standing at the stove. But Bo just shook his head and walked into the kitchen.

You turned and sat down a plate at the table just as Bo had reached the kitchen' s doorway. You gave him a small smile.

"Morning."

"Uh, morning."

"Breakfast is done if you want any."

"Yeah, thanks."

Bo slowly sat down at the table and shrugged to himself. He hadn't really made breakfast in forever so it really didn't bother him. He watched you as you fixed your own plate and sat down across from him.

"How'd ya sleep?"

"Fine, I guess."

"When did ya get up?"

"Around six. I heard something and didn't get back to sleep." Bo stopped and put his fork down.

"You heard somethin'?" You shrugged.

"Yeah...I thought someone was walking around." Bo gave a small laugh and shrugged, picking up his fork again.

"It was probably just my dog."

"I didn't know you had a dog."

"Yeah, he kinda just comes and goes sometimes."

"Huh..."

Bo paused for a moment, thinking. He glanced over at the front door and frowned a bit. He glanced back over to you, watching you eat before he gave a small laugh.