New approach

Vincent turned his head to listen. You stopped too, turning your head slightly. You heard something too. The sound was distant but was creepily familiar.The same mechanical roar came across you and you and Vincent looked at eachother.

Bo's truck.

Without another thought, Vincent grabbed you and started running back the way you both had come. He flung you around the corner and pulled you towards the door where you had entered.

You both ran down the steps, Vincent pulling you along with him as you ran through the tunnel. He didn't even slow down as he reached his workshop. He knew if Bo caught you missing, you'd be dead.

You winced a little as you passed the generator. You'd be lucky if you got there before Bo did. You reached the ladder and Vincent quickly rushed you up it, pushing you up.

You stumbled out into the office and turned quickly, facing Vincent.

"Thank you." Vincent nodded and shoed you off.

"Go." You were surprised but listened, running to the door and flinging yourself out into the hall. Your head snapped down the hall as you heard the front door shut. 'Shit...'

You took a deep breath and walked down the hall, trotting down the steps and walking out to where Bo had just come in. He eyed you a moment as you walked back into the kitchen.

"Where were you?" You turned to face Bo.

"Oh, I was just in the bathroom." Bo made a slight humming noise in his throat and entered the kitchen as well. You watched as he opened the fridge, taking out a gallon of orange juice and taking the cap off. He began drinking straight from it and you gave a huff.

"Get a glass, you animal." You turned and grabbed a fresh one that had been sitting out to dry. When you turned back, you found Bo, who had already gotten his worth, wiping his mouth on his sleeve and screwing the cap back on.

"What was that, doll?" You huffed and rolled your eyes as you watched him put the gallon back in the fridge and closing the door. "Oh, nothing." Bo gave a slight smile and looked around the kitchen.

"So what did you do all day?" You turned back, setting the glass back down on the counter. "Nothing." Bo raised an eyebrow at you.

"Well, you must've done somethin'. This is the cleanest this kitchens been in years." You shrugged a bit and turned to look at him. "It's quiet as hell here."

"Vincent didn't come say hi?" You shrugged. "I don't know where he's at. I haven't seen him since breakfast. Speaking of, what time is it?"

Bo shrugged and looked at the clock on the top of the wall. "Eh, about a quarter til five." You hummed in your throat. Bo stared at you for a moment, thinking. He wanted to say something but he didn't know what. You paused a minute too.

"So...what do you want for dinner?" Bo looked up and shrugged. "I don't really care. You can see if Vincent wants anything but-" His voice trailed off as he looked down slightly.

"Okay, um...how do you feel about burgers?" Bo smiled a bit.

"That's more like it." You nodded and sighed a bit as you started making dinner for you and the boys.

*
*
*

Dinner had been mostly silent. Vincent had just came in and got a plate before heading back to his workplace. Bo tried to call him out on leaving, saying it was rude, but you let him go. If he didn't want to stay, you weren't going to make him. It was your thank you to him for sneaking you out of the house.

Now you sat on the porch again. Bo had surprisingly let you go out but only for a little bit. You sat on the steps, watching the last of the sun go down below the treeline. You watched as the fireflies started to come out, lighting up the darkening space.

Your silence was broken as you heard the slight creak of the door opening behind you. You didn't bother looking back as you had already heard the heavy boots against the porch and knew it was Bo.

He walked over to where you sat, walking down the top two steps before he sat down on the stairs next to you.

"Hey, sugar." His voice was slightly muffled from the cigarette hanging from his mouth but you still acknowledged him. He removed it from his mouth and looked out.

"I'm sorry about earlier." You turned to him. "In the kitchen..." You shook your head.

"No, it's okay." You looked away slightly as your face started to heat up, thinking of him again. It was kinda hard not too. Bo saw you trying to hide your face a bit and he smirked as he lit his cigarette. He took a drag on it as he looked around. He paused and suddenly got an idea.

He looked over at you for a moment before he stood up and took the cigarette out of his mouth. You turned and looked up at him. He blew the smoke up into the air and walked down the rest of the stairs.

"Let's go." You paused and tilted your head at him. "Where are we going?" Bo looked back slightly as he began walking towards his truck. "Stop asking questions and get in, damnit." You stood up and began following him to the truck. You opened the door as he went around the front to the driver's side.

You sat down and looked at him. He gave you a devious grin and you raised an eyebrow at him. You looked away slightly, watching as the town came into veiw. It was a lot nicer at night when it was all lit up. When it was lit, you almost couldn't tell it was actually abandoned. 

Both windows were down and you enjoyed the cool night air hitting your face. You propped your elbow where the window would've been and laid your head in your hand, shutting your eyes.

Bo looked over at you and smiled a bit, relaxing in his seat more. He drove all the way down to the end of the road and gave a slight groan as he began to take the old duely through the washed out road.

It made it through and you were glad when the rough bumping had finally ceased. You had been questioning him the whole time but never said a word. He seemed to know where he was going even if you didn't. You felt that it just might have been better to wait and find out.