56

No ones POV

Avery went to sleep that night feeling so happy and blessed. Her brother didn't speak to her the rest of the day because he wasn't fond of them getting back together.

The night went by fast as she found herself waking up again to a bright sun shining through her curtains.

The ride to school seemed to be going by slow and only aggravated her even more. She was already stressed out with the fact that she has to tell Aiden about her and Mattia getting back together.

"How do I tell someone I have small crush on that I got back together with my ex?" She asked Vic who she picked up this morning.

"Honestly Avery I think you should just ghost him." Vic said as Avery turned into the Starbucks drive thru.

"That's horrible. New idea, please. What do you want?"

"Just get me a passion tango light ice. And maybe try letting him down easy. Like um..Oh! Hey Aiden remember my ex Mattia? Yeah he's not my ex anymore."

"Oh my god Vic. I should just be straight forward with it, right?" They both nod and shrug their shoulders and continue to get to school.

"So are you happy you two got back together?"

"I think Kairi was happier than me." Avery said laughing.

"He was screaming for us and jumping up and down at his window. He literally watched us get back together."

The two girls walked out of the car and started making their way to school. While passing the double doors, Avery bumped shoulders with Aiden.

"I-"

"Hey Avery!" He brought her in for a hug. She got a smell of the cologne he was wearing and pulled away.

"Where were you after school? I couldn't find your car." He frowned and put an arm around her as they walked the halls.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." She pulled him into the janitors closet and locked the door behind her.

"Woah Avery, don't you think we'd caught?" He smirked.

"Gross no. I was in my car yesterday after school waiting for you. I saw you with another girl so I just left. I-it works out though see-" He cut her off from explaining.

"What girl? I was walking out there looking for you." He says clearly lying and putting his hands in his pocket.

"The girl that sits in front of you in english class but that doesn't really matter anymore. Uh remember the night I met you?"

"Yeah what about it?" He asked.

"So remember I told you I still wanted to be with my ex?"

He nods.

"We kinda, sorta got back together yesterday.." He stood there, mouth open, not knowing about to say.

"Aiden I'm sorry."

He starts laughing.

"You just wanted sex and felt bad that I actually wanted to hang out with you after, weeks after! You played me."

"No I swear I had a tiny crush on you."

"Tiny! You're such a hoe." He gave her a fake disgusted look before walking out. Alvaro and Kairi were standing across from the door and watched as Avery walked out right after Aiden.

"Av what were you doing in there?" Kairi asked. Mattia was down the hall with Pinto being loud.

"So I was telling Aiden about me and Mattia and he started acting like a baby then stormed out. Something seemed off though. Like part of it seemed as though he was actually hurt by the news but the other part didn't care."