Chapter 1:

PETER'S POV:

I look down from the building I am perched upon. This should be fun. A gas station robbery is beginning across the street. I realize that it is a hostage situation and know that I need to be careful. I swing to the door and walk in, "What's up guys, the job not paying the bills?" I ask. Two men turn around and look me in the eyes. The amateurs do not even have masks on. This should be easy.

I look towards the hostages and my blood turns to ice. Three in all, a father and young daughter and Aunt May. The men seem to notice my weakness and use that to their advantage. "Don't come any closer, or I'll shoot her!" He says, pointing the gun to the young girl. She lets out a whimper, and I hold my hands up in surrender. "Hey, man. Can we work out some kinda deal? Let's get them out of here and do this man to man." I pray that he will agree. 

"No! You leave or I shoot!" The man shouts. Sirens sound behind me and the man mutters a curse under his breath. He lifts the gun and shoots before I can do anything. Aunt May's reflexes are quicker than mine. She jumps in front of the little girl as the trigger is pulled back. The bullet strikes her in the stomach.

I rush the father and daughter into the arms of the policemen and the robbers are apprehended. I crouch down next to May hold her hand. "Hi Peter," She whispers to me. "May, I'm so sorry.... I..." I start, but she cuts me off. 

"No Peter, no apologies. I wont be here much longer, so I need you to listen." She says as tears stream down both of our cheeks. "I love you more than you could ever imagine, and I'm sorry that I have to go. I will tell Ben about how wonderful a kid you have become, although he probably already knows. You are a miracle and a wonder, I will miss you so much. I will be your angel now, watching over you as you stop the bad guys. I know I will see you again someday, but don't let it be too soon. And lastly, Mr. Stark is on his way. He gave me this," she says, holding up a button on a necklace, "Whenever I press it, he knows that it is his turn to take care of you. I love you. Remember that..." She starts, but she coughs up blood causing her to stop.

 Her body convulses as I scream her name. "May! May! Stay with me! Aunt May! No no no no no!" Someone grabs my shoulders from behind. "Hey, kiddo. It's time to go." A familiar voice says. I turn around to see Mr. Stark and Happy standing behind me. Mr. Stark pulls me off of my feet, and I thrash and kick like the child that I am. "No! May! No!" I scream as he pulls me away. I am suddenly very tired and give up my fight. I see paramedics walk by and put May on a stretcher with a white sheet covering her whole body. I cannot believe she is gone.