Chapter 2:

TONY'S POV:

The poor kid. He lost his parents, his uncle, he is always bullied at school, he got bitten by a radioactive spider, he just lost his aunt, and, oh yeah, he is only 15! I look into the backseat where Peter is curled up in a ball, asleep. I let out a deep sigh as a tear falls down my cheek.

"He's gonna be fine, Tony. The kid can handle anything," Happy says, trying to make me feel better. I nod. I know he can handle some tough situations, but the problem is he should not have to! I feel my anger boiling. I am mad at the world, the men who shot May, and myself. I hate to admit it, but I am his father figure. I have not been as helpful and loving as I need to be. Today, that will change. I will be the best father this universe has ever seen!

PETER'S POV:

I see May, bleeding. She is crying, calling my name. "Peter, help me!" She cries in agony. I try to reach her, I really do, but I just can't. I look down at my legs and see some kind of black tar holding me in place. "May!" I yell back to her, struggling to get to her. It is not working. Why is it not working? Tears stream down my cheeks and sobs wrack my body. "May!" I scream as she stops. She stops writhing in pain, she stops breathing, she stops existing.

"Kid, Peter! Wake up!" I hear as my body is being shaken. My eyes cannot open, though. My breathing becomes rapid. I am trapped in this dream, watching May's dead body. I feel like I cannot breathe. "Peter! It's just a dream. Wake up, wake up!" Tony yells, and the dream starts to fade as my eyes open. It does not fade completely, though. I am left with a fragment in my mind. It haunts me.

TONY'S POV:

After trying to wake him up for ten whole minutes, Peter finally wakes up. I breathe out a sigh of relief, but the worry instantly comes back when I see his face. I have never seen anyone look so afraid. He is clutching at his chest and his breathing is rapid. "Kid, breathe slowly. In... out... in... out." I guide him through breaths until he has calmed down a little.

 A tear makes it's way down his cheek, and he becomes embarrassed. I understand, since I have been through the same thing. "Peter, it's okay to cry. I cry sometimes, too." I tell him, and he believes me. Tears flood down his cheeks.

"I...I saw her, Mr. Stark. She... she wanted m...me t...t...to help h...her..." He says between sobs. I climb into the backseat with him and pull him into a tight hug. He does not return it at first, but after a few minutes he wraps his skinny little arms around me. God, someone needs to give this kid a sandwich.

We pull up to the Avengers Compound and Nat is waiting outside. When Peter steps out of the car, she wraps him up in a hug. She grabs his hand and leads him to his new room. It is between Vision and Wanda's rooms. I walk in and let out a deep sigh. What did he ever do to deserve this?