Chapter 5

They continued walking. It didn't feel long like the other hike before their break. "I think we're a few yards away" Kris assumed.  Lancer sighed in relief. "This walk will be a lot shorter than the last one." The gravel was being friendly to them, they didn't feel like legos. Kris knew what was gonna come up next. "Noelle, don't be scared when I say that we-." 

Noelle couldn't believe her eyes. "I have to go down THAT?!She shrieked in horror as she looked at the cliff's end. Lancer chuckled. "hah! Here we go again!"  Noelle was at the edge of a long, purple, endless waterfall. It was taller than Angel Falls. 

Kris looked to the right, they saw a snippet of one of the castle townhouses. They were empty like always. Noelle shivered. "is there another way I can go down this?" Lancer stood behind her, ready to push her down.  "Please don't push her down," Kris advised. Noelle turned around and noticed Lancer's gummy worm smile. 

She moved a step and something felt wrong. There was nothing... Not even air was there. She took another step and fell endlessly, kinda like Alice entering Wonderland but make it endless.  A scream that can be heard from the card castle was made. As the white speck in the waterfall got smaller, a diminuendo was happening to said scream. "o god, here we go again." Kris sighed. 

Noelle was still falling. "is it that long?" Lancer gasped looking down. Lancer looked down at the endless cliff. Noelle was nothing but a speck of white in the field of purple-ish water. Kris' left hand hugged Lancer's neck from behind. Lancer didn't notice a thing. Kris slowly lifted him off the ground by a few inches and quickly pulled him to where he can see the edge and back. Lancer started to scream in terror. "Kris! Stop it! I'm not joking anymore!" 

"Lancer, don't push me, please. I'm gonna check on Noelle from the top to see if she's okay," Kris told Lancer, who joined along and looked at the side. Noelle was there, sitting on a boulder that was on the side of the waterfall's end. She didn't look like a reindeer, she was a little white snowflake on somebody's black coat. Kris waved at her. A tiny harvest-gold hand waved back. it was the size of an ant's leg.  Kris swept an invisible drop of sweat on their face. "phew, good thing she's fine." They slid  down the waterfall."

the cool breeze swept Kris's bangs away from their face. A snippet of their eye can be seen. Its ruby color shined in the dark. It felt different to not have spades target you while sliding down this endless, purple waterfall. The water felt just as good as the breeze when it hits your back. That harvest-gold and white speckle became bigger as the floor gets closer and closer. Their metal boots made a huge clank once Kris was five feet away from the ground. 

from the top, Lancer jumped off. His back clung on the water like it was slime. From the bottom, you can hear Lancer scream, "make way!" As he went down, the volume of his voice was increasing like a crescendo. Once his boots smacked gravel in the face, He looked to the right, his giant spade facing Kris' blank face.  Kris smiled. "Heh, it looks like that push worked." Noelle was sitting on the big, black boulder. Her face, more frozen than both ice and a statue combined. 

"Noelle, it's time to go. You won't be able to find us if you just sit there" Kris told Noelle, who was still frozen no matter what. She started to go up and walk. Her legs, wobbling like Jello. Her guts, twisted up like a knot. She started walking step by step slowly. Kris looked behind them. "Noelle, ya gotta walk a little faster." Noelle's walking speed went up a notch but it's still considered slow. 

"The memories are coming back,"  Kris stated with a half-smile. They were indeed coming back. The starry night sky with it's majestic, black and blue towers were all greeting Kris with a welcome back. It felt like home...  Noelle's intestines untied themselves and her legs stopped shaking like lines that indicate a vibrato on violin sheet music. Her eyes sparkled at the sight of the castle that was in the distance. "so this is the dark world you told me about."  

They all proceeded to the castle since Susie wasn't there waiting for them. The image of Ralsei with his fog grey coat came in once they saw that door that'll open when pigs fly. In front of the door, Susie, who had a scarf wrapped around her wrists like handcuffs. Next to her was Ralsei, who was just reading his manual.  "Hey! Long time no see, pal," Kris stated with a smile that light up a cave. Ralsei looked up. 

His heart started to jump with joy. His eyes, couldn't believe his eyes, it wasn't a mirage. His eyes started to sparkle like the sky above them. He stood up on Kris and started to pounce on them as if he were a cat. "Kris! You don't know how much I've missed you, It's been so long!" He gripped on them as if their body was a tree branch and he was a sloth. 

Kris blushed had pastel pink cheeks when they looked down at the little fluffball. He chuckled, "hah, it was just one day. Stop acting like it was forever," They started to pat his head and held him. they gently placed him off their leg and into the ground. his little bum was touching the ground.  

Ralsei looked behind and saw Noelle sitting next to Susie, who was still tangled up in Ralsei's scarf. He stood up and started walking towards Susie. "let me fix that for you."  He pulled a part of the scarf and the whole scarf untied itself like a shoelace. Noelle shared expressions with the man in the scream. "How did you do that?"  Ralsei looked at her with a smile. "Just a little something I learned while I was knitting."

Lancer started to nudge Kris's hand.  "I think we forgot to introduce Ralsei do someone..." It hit them like a wrecking ball. "you're right." Kris started to walk towards Ralsei and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and looked up at Kris. "Hey Ralsei, I wanna introduce you to somebody." Ralsei knows who Kris is talking about