"Don't bite the hand that feeds you." ---Paraphrased by Thomas Szasz

The cold shock on Officer Perez's face created a warm, satisfied feeling in the pit of Nick's stomach. He had never loved his sister's brutal honesty more than he did right now. He knew her mouth got her in trouble, but this was the kind of trouble he was okay with. He doubted Officer Perez would hit her, that wasn't his type. COA was the violent one, Officer Perez was the persuader. He persuaded Mia to not fight him.

The van was silent for a few moments before Nick laughed lightly. "Well, you left the door open for her to psychoanalyze you." Nick said with a shrug as he watched the Officer.

It was obvious that Officer Perez was uncomfortable, but what did Nick care? Nick was uncomfortable with being forcibly removed from his home. Nick was uncomfortable with being in cuffs. Officer Perez could be uncomfortable, in fact, Nick wanted him to stay that way. Mia was harsh and he knew it would probably carry with Officer Perez. At least that's what Nick hoped. Nick hoped every time Officer Perez thought about the two of them he remembered the words Mia cut into him.

The two siblings watched as Officer Perez stood up, his face was ashened. "We will be arriving soon. Do either of you have to use the restroom?" He asked the two siblings who both shook their heads. He nodded to them before making his way out of the van and shutting the doors.

Nick laughed as he left and Mia looked over at him. "What is your problem?" Mia asked him, her eyebrows raised in curiosity to see what he thought was ever so funny.

"You totally destroyed him, Mia. You destroyed him mentally, but still destroyed him which can mean two things." Nick laughed, if he didn't laugh he would cry and he wasn't going to cry in front of his sister. "They're going to torture us themselves later, or they're going to let this mysterious Barbatos family do it for them. Either way, it's gonna hurt."

Mia looked at her brother with a grim expression. "So remind me why you are laughing?" Mia said looking at her brother like he had lost his mind.

Nick reckoned he lost his mind a long time ago. But he knew his sister already knew that. He knew the government knew that. Why the government waited so long to claim him was at a loss to him. He had literally not been to school since he was 11 which was a government requirement. Sure, their little town didn't really notice him or were scared of him, but that didn't explain why the government now wanted his hide. Why wait so long? Nick didn't know, he simply shook his head, he wasn't smart enough to think about this. He didn't have the grace or period to do so, that was for people like Mia to think about.

"Because," Nick said with a shrug of his shoulders as he put his hands behind his head and leaned back. "If I don't laugh, then I will cry. And, I don't cry." Nick said closing his eyes. At least he could make himself a little more comfortable now.

Mia stared at her brother for a second, but then sighed. She knew it wasn't worth engaging in because her older brother was one stubborn son of a bitch. He also didn't like to open up, not even to her who he spent the most time with. Nick would never tell her how stress he truly was but Mia could tell when he was having a hard time. She could tell when he was having a good or bad week. She could see the deterioration of her brother's mind and her brother's body. She could see how scarred and calloused Nick was on the inside and out no matter how much Nick tried to hide it all from her.

"How long until we get there?" Mia asked her brother who opened one amber eye up to look at her.

"Do I look like Commanding Officer Ass to you?" Nick asked his sister with a small smirk. "I have no idea."

"I just hope it's soon," Mia said looking down at her lap as she tried to flex her leg out a little and winced at the pain.

She was able to move so quickly because she was running on adradline. Now that it was wearing off, her leg hurt really bad, like really bad. Commanding Officer Ass had beat her right foot with his baton. His baton was black and sleek and hurt, it hurt so bad, she couldn't stop crying out in pain. Officer Regen didn't care tears were coming out of her eyes at an alarming rate, he didn't care she had enough. He just kept hitting her in the back of the leg, knee, and foot over and over again. When he was done he whispered words in her ear as she began to see stars from pain. She barely got back in the van.