How about No?

With writing sometimes people get wrapped up in the person's ethnic background losing track of who the character is as an individual. Some Writers sway away from writing characters of color because they don't know how write their "Struggles" or write a characture and/Or trope of a specific race.

Some writers go into stories wanting to leave a powerful message, leaving some POC's exhausted by the archetype. I've found that most people want to see more fantasy, adventure, and romance that isn't instantaneously urban or "Exotic" for not having a white main character. 

This is not to say people don't want to see it at all because as quoted by user BitchIsMyReligion

"You'd be surprised how many people believe racism no longer exists. They blame the bad state of lower-income neighborhoods on Hispanics/Blacks living within them, saying they're the ones not getting educated and choosing a life of crime over an upstanding one.

Unfortunately, this is not the case. Black and Hispanic children have many more barriers to face than their caucasian counterparts. Did you know that a white man with a criminal record is more likely to qualify for a job than a black man with a clean history?"

These subjects in themselves should be spoken about and thoroughly researched but it shouldn't be all-encompassing to the character. The following are some things Wattpad users are sick of seeing in writing. 

I'm sick of seeing the same muses used for black people. There are so many beautiful black people to pull from but for some reason, everyone finds the exact same 3 people.

- WattPad user Melanated Melon

This book was created for users who want to see more diversity within our diversity. At times people don't have the exposure to other cultures so don't know who else to use. At other times we just LOVE the face claims we use. I know I did when I first started out, but it gets a bit played out people like to see the character, not the girl who played this character in that movie.

One of the biggest things that upset me is when characters are made to "sound their race." I think it's really disrespectful to try and give your poc characters an accent based off the stereotypes of how media portrays them.

-Wattpad User AmabiliaPuella

It should be a given but we must be aware there are some places where the only interaction people have with POC characters is on TV. I once read in the comments of a Wattpad story a reader who was not a person of color felt two things were unrealistic about other users' works. 

1. There were too many POC when questioned this person came from a small town with little exposure

2. They didn't speak (insert race) or talked white which is what people tend to confuse with articulation. Your character doesn't have to have an accent or speak slang to be authentic. We are all different. 

There were a few books I read that had Latino side characters and what annoyed me the most was when every Latina said "mija" or "chica" at the end of every single sentence while speaking to her friend. We don't do that shit. And we're not all sassy, I'm literally the shyest Dominican you'll ever meet. I'm also tired of people describing us as exotic. And also, people need to stop using us as their criminals. We are not some tool you can use as your criminals. I read some books by an author who self-published, and literally all her criminals were Latino. I stumbled on a comment that asked her why all her criminals were Latino and she responded back saying something like, "Oh, I just can't think of anyone else to use."