Chapter 18

The chauffeur is waiting to whisk us away in the car. As Charles holds the car door open for me, I turn and toss my bouquet of roses into the crowd of young women that has gathered. Jenny triumphantly holds it overhead, grinning from ear to ear.

As I slide into the car laughing at Jenny's audacious catch, Charles bends to gather my dress. Once I'm safely in, he bids the waiting crowd a farewell.

The chauffeur holds the car door open for him. "Congratulations, sir."

"Thank you," Charles replies as he seats himself beside me.

As the chauffeur pulls away, our wedding guests shower the vehicle with rice. Charles grasps my hand and kisses my knuckles.

"So far so good, Mrs. Brown?"

"So far so wonderful, Mr. Brown. Where are we going?"

"That's a surprise," he says simply and smiles a sphinxlike smile.

Hmm . . . what is he planning?

The chauffeur heads for the departure terminal. He and Charles unload the luggage from the car and place it on the pushcart. Charles then opens the car door for me and stepping back gives me a room to climb out. I clamber with a puzzled expression having no clue where are we heading to. I feel a little embarrassed as all the passerby are starring at me with why - is - she - still - in - her - wedding - dress look.

"When are you planning to telling me as to where are we going?"

"Soon, I hope so, Wifey." he grins.

After we complete the pre boarding process, we wait patiently in the waiting lounge for boarding to begin and in the mean time we quickly grab a mini pizza and a cheese burger. Being stared for long now, I have become indifferent to their reactions and surprised gaze about me still being in my wedding gown.

Shortly after the announcement to commence with boarding, we suddenly halt at the foot of the steps leading up to the plane, and rather than to let me climb on my own and to the surprise of everyone including me Charles leans and lifts me up.

Whoa! "What are you doing?" I squeak.

"Carrying you over the threshold," he says.

"Oh." Isn't that supposed to be at home?

He carries me effortlessly up the steps, and once inside the cabin he lands me down and I recognise the cabin crew, in their uniform.

"Welcome aboard, sir, Mrs. Brown." one of the attendant grins and "Congratulations to you both," he continues.

"Thank you" we unanimously say and he helps us to take our sumptuous leather seat. There must be about eight of them in total.

"Congratulations on your wedding and welcome on board Mr. and Mrs. Brown," two voices greet us suddenly leaving us too stunned to utter a word

"Sir, he is Mr. Stevan, our captain for today and this is First Officer Miss. Edward. They came here to congratulate you personally on knowing that we have newly weds with us on board today." says the attendant.

Mr. Stevan stands a dark-haired man in his what? Early thirties? He's also in uniform. Miss. Edward blushes as the attendant introduces her and blinks rapidly. Another female completely captivated by my too - handsome - for - his - own - good husband.

"Thank you," Charles responds on behalf of both of us shaking hand with Mr. Stevan.

"Delighted to meet you," gushes Miss. Edward. I smile kindly at her. After all- he is mine.

"Since this whole class is booked by you, I will leave you under the capable care of Josephine, your flight attendant and hope you enjoy the journey." Charles glances in her direction and frowns, but turns to Mr. Stevan with a smile.