Chapter 21

"Welcome, the team of 'Magic of Sustainability' with a round of applause, ladies and gentlemen" the host broadcasted and there was a thunder of claps being heard across the exhibition hall for them.

All of them ascended the stage and facing the audience bowed before them as a gesture to thank them to provide them the opportunity to showcase their talent, motivating them and rewarding them with the most unexpected result.

Happiness flushed on their faces like flowers. It was for success and growth that they had put in the hard work, and in turn the success and growth paved their way here. As the certificates were distributed to each of them, felicity bloomed on their lips in the warmth of victory. 

"Mr. Brown, we would like you to speak a few words before you descend the stage. Please" the host requested, handing over the microphone in his hand.

"First I would like to thank my teammates, who put in all their time and efforts towards the completion of this project and striving for its success. Next I would like to thank my parents for teaching me to be tenacious about the fulfillment of the dream that I have envisioned, and a special thanks to my beautiful wife, standing right there" and pointing towards me he announced the world that I was his wife, which made my flush pink. "for being my support system, my cheerleader, my true friend. I don't think without the support of any of these people I could possibly overcome all the hurdles and qualify to stand here on this stage receiving this reward."

"That's an amazing thank you speech Mr. Brown" said the host. "But, before you leave, I would like to ask you why is your project named 'Magic of Sustainability' and what value does it hold for you?

"My parents have always raised us by saying that kindness costs nothing. Be kind. Be compassionate. Plant a tree under whose shade you do not wish to sit, and that will reciprocate. This is something that me and my brother carry with us always as a legacy.  Sustainability is a life style which allows us to take care of ourselves as well as our surroundings. It aids in protecting the environment, focus on social development and progress in economic development. To reduce the wastage so as to protect the environment that we breath in, and recycle and reuse it by creating something new is what I find very innovative and sustainability makes it possible. It gives us the power to grow our own food. Sustainability isn't just about the "natural" environment, it's about human quality of life, as well. Purchasing something that is a bit more expensive, but made under conditions that are sustainable from not only an environmental but a social standpoint is often a better choice—and it's probably more economical than you realise, since such goods last longer."

"We named our project the 'Magic of Sustainability' because there are still many people in and around the world who have not come across the magic that sustainability creates to our environment and social life and we aim to reach out to them and prove it to them, so that the world can be a better place to live." hearing him say all this not only made me proud of being his wife, but also made me witness the glorious spirited man he was. With each day that I spent with him, I was just getting sure that he was bought up in the arms of a king and a queen. He surely would be the best father in world.

"OMG, did I just say father...He the father of my kid...I mean obviously he will be the father of my kid...but what am I thinking....we just got married...we are on our honeymoon....and I'm saying kid and father and parent...." hey, you ok..? I suddenly find Charles standing right next to me, breaking me off from my chain of thoughts.

"Ya, I'm good. But, what are you doing here. You were on the stage right." I ask him surprisingly, because thinking about father and kid and parent and etc, I have lost track of what happened a few minutes ago.

"Care, are you okay? Is something wrong with your health?" Noah asks with utmost concern.

"Yes, I'm good. Just the overdose of happiness. The team's hard work paid off, and you know, you all achieved success. That's it. Nothing to worry about. And I completely forgot to say, Congratulations guyzz. You all truly deserved it." and turning to face my husband, I give him a passionate kiss and voice in his ear, "Congratulations baby, waiting to celebrate your success tonight privately." and judging by his expression and amazement, I can feel the adrenaline rush in his body.