Chapter 8 (A New Bond)

They woke up laying next to each other in the grass. The sun now beaming down on them, the gentle breeze stirring them awake. The sounds of the creek trickling by as their eyes met.

"Mmmm." Flynn sighed.

"Good morning to you to." She laughed as she moved slightly closer to him.

Flynn spooning her as they lay there listening to the calming sounds of the forest. 

"I could stay like this forever." Flynn said, kissing her shoulder.

"Me too, Flynn. Me too." They fell asleep again in one another's arms, napping for hours in the sunlight, but guarded by the tall trees around them.

She got up quietly, so as not to wake Flynn, and walked to the deepest part of the creek slightly downstream. She stood, shoulder deep in the water as she bathed herself, thinking about last night. It was magical. When she first met Flynn she would have never guessed they'd be in that situation together. But they were, and she was thankful for that. 

Flynn woke up, realizing she wasn't there and began to panic. Knowing he didn't have a name to call out, and worried that the guards came and took her but were still nearby, he couldn't call out princess. He just couldn't. 

"Hello? Are you there?" He got up and started walking around looking for her. 

She started walking back upstream to get her clothes and use her cloak to dry off. 

When Flynn saw her he ran to her and gave her a hug. 

"Flynn are you alright? What's going on?"

"Nothing, I just, I missed you."

She giggled and went to her cloak which she used to dry off. 

Flynn went to the stream and splashed some water in his face. 

They both clothed themselves again and thought about the night before.

"Last night was-"

"Good, really good." She finished his sentence.

Flynn smiled at her as she laced up her boots. 

"Hey, so, after last night, do you think you'd be willing to tell me your name?"

"Nope." 

"What?" It was not the answer he expected. "What about opening up?"

"I did." She giggled softly, "And I will more, as time goes by."

"Princess, I need to know more about you, you entice me so much and then I get nothing."

"Nothing? You got last night didn't you?"

"Don't get me wrong, last night was amazing, but I really want to know you. I want to see the girl behind the beauty."

"Okay. But you aren't going to like all of it."

"I think I will. Lets spend today getting to know each other better. We can ask each other questions and just talk, how does that sound?"

"It sounds nice, as long as you don't ask me what my name is."

"Will one day I understand why you are so protective of your name and identity?"

"Maybe. We'll see how this goes." She smiled at him. He smiled at her.

They sat in that meadow for the rest of the time the sun was in the sky, until the moon rose up and shone brightly. 

They learned about little things, favorite colors, birthdays, funny stories. And they learned about each others pasts, their childhood lives, their dreams. 

She taught him how to braid her hair, and he taught her how to plant flowers. He put one of the flowers in her loosely braided hair and kissed her sweetly on the nose. 

They chased each other, climbed trees, swam in the creek, and star gazed. 

Eventually they fell asleep under her wide cloak, and under the stars, under a tree, under the leaves. 

Through all this they had forgotten to return and check her hideout for signs of the guards. Tonight they would be patrolling this area.