00

PROLOGUE

WMMAP FANFIC

<(●o●)>

Her world was falling apart. 

"-stripped off of her title-"

Inside this big and grand court, somehow, everyone was loud without even saying anything.

Those people behind her... were staring at her. She could practically feel it, like tiny sharp daggers digging into her back. She was actually used to it. Whether in disdain and mockery, or the awful pity, they all kept staring at her.

Always.

Something inside her, with the voices of her tutors in the past, harshly told her she should feel embarrassed, humiliated, and ashamed of how much she was being an embarrassment. Unfortunately, once again, she would have to disappoint her tutors for failing to reach their expectations from her because she could careless of the people in the throne room seeing her all vulnerable and weak, because all she could care about was how her world was being torn down.

Piece by piece, she thinks.

"-throw her into the dungeons, lock her up-"

She stared.

He did not believe her. 

Father did not believe her. 

Why won't he believe her?

She was innocent. She could never hurt Jennette, even if she wanted to. How would she even harm Jennette? Where would she even get the poison? She doesn't even know anything about medicine, so how would she even know about poisons? Nobody could get it for her, not even—!

She was the unfavored princess, after all. She who was born from a foreign common woman from a savage country... Nobody would help her, not with her ill-reputed and unlikeable self.

So why? Why won't he believe her? This was obviously a set-up! Why won't he investigate? He'd see that she was innocent! How could Father truly believe she could hurt her sister? The other one whom she shares blood with, and was so kind and bright and beautiful, never hesitating to give her those smiles and love…

She could never hurt Jennette, and he'd know that if he believe her but just why won't he listen?!

"-her execution will be held tomorrow, at dawn-"

No.

He was going to kill her. Tomorrow. At dawn.

He said he was going to kill her. She'll be dead tomorrow. At dawn. She'll die. She was going to die.

For a crime she did not even commit.

Her father was going to kill her.

A shudder ran through her, and a pathetic sob came out of her throat. Tears that were pouring out of her eyes kept dropping to the bloody floor.

Blood that was not hers, but of someone who had been at her side ever since she could remember.She dare not look anywhere but down on her hands. She did not dare look at the warm corpse besides her. 

Why? 

Why was Jennette poisoned? Why was she being framed? Why won't he believe her? Why not wait for a proper investigation? 

Why did he have to kill—

Why won't Father just believe in her? Why does he love Jennette more? Why does he care for her more than Athanasia? Athanasia has lived in the palace for her whole life, and yet... Why Jennette? Why not her for once? Why won't he love her as much as he loved Jennette?