Chapter XVII

Girl's instinct is always right.

"Ms. Park are you okay?" my secretary anxiously asking me.

It came to my senses that my work should not be affected by my personal affairs.

However I can't help it so I asked my secretary to have an investigation regarding the lady I saw yesterday at Jk's office.

...

Before lunch I received again a bouquet of flowers and food.

"Miss, can you throw that flowers but if you want you can eat the food."

"Don't you think it's to much?" she asked me.

"What?" this is the time I don't agree with her

"Uhm" she paused but she bravely told me

"Ma'am it won't work if you will not allow him to explain his side." she continues

"Relationship should not be one sided, both of you should work on it. You need to help him." she added

I didn't say a word and dismissed her.

...

The following day, same routine but this time no calls from him.

"Miss do you have now the information regarding the girl?"

"Ms. Park yes. Her family owns hotels in Japan. They proposing merge from Jeon's Company. She is single, same age as you. Actually, she had an interview before that she's interested..." then she stop

Of course I know the reason why she stop so I didn't push her through.

"Okay. Thanks." as I casually speak.

"Ms. Park. Let me remind you that you are invited to a party."

"What is that again?" as I trying to remember what event it is.

"It's an announcement of Mr. Park and Ms. Kim's engagement." she said happily.

"Oh! Thank you."

Sadness sank into my heart as I remember Jungkook.

"Now, should I give in or should I initiate?" as I speak to myself.

But I am girl with so much pride.

...

Engagement Day...

Everyone is cheerfully congratulating Jimin oppa and Jennie unnie.

And they came to us last.

"Congratulations" we said in unison.

"Thank you"

"But where is Jk?" Jimin asked

"He said he'll catch up" Taehyung answered while grabbing Lisa on his side.

"So, you two are next." Jokingly said by Hoseok oppa to Lisa and Taehyung oppa.

They didn't answer when suddenly Jungkook appeared.

"Congratulations" as he pats Jimin's back while giving a glance on me.

He sat beside me however we didn't speak a word.

Our friends help to break the ice between us so one by one they left.

When we are left alone Jungkook started to speak.

"Did you eat the food I am giving you?" as he talks to me without looking at me.

"You look thin and pale."

I am hesitant to speak because I am coward to admit that I was the one who's wrong.

He turned to me boldly to say "Didn't I tell you that I will show you how I love you and as a man I am willing to prove it."

He move me to him so we can see each other face to face.

Then he added "Why can't you see that?"

"I made a wrong decision before and I won't allow it to happen." As he holds my two hands.

I pouted like a child and say "Jk I am sorry." and cried

I saw a big smile at him before hugging me.

"Your forgiven but next time you need to hear my side before you react." as he treats me like his baby while patting my hair.

"Although I can't blame you she's beautiful." I know he meant it to make me feel jealous so I hit him hard at the chest.

"But are you attracted to her?" curiously I asked.

Jungkook made a naughty face and said "Of course not. I have a gorgeous girlfriend soon to be my wife, why will I waste that."

I cried again for a wrong accusation I made however he assured me once again that he is only mine.

I learned my lesson that day to trust him more and to always hold on to him.

...

Timberlake - Apollo