Chapter 6 ~ Effects

"Oh my fucking god. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew. Ew." I repeatedly slam the pillow into my face. After I went into Carter's room to tell them to quiet down; They went for round two.

"Oh yes! Carter! Ah! Right there!"

"Fuck. You like that?"

I slam the wall with a fist. "Shut the fuck up!" They only got louder.

"You would think that a apartment this expensive would have thicker walls." I throw the blankets off me and walk to grab my headphones.

I jump back onto my bed and under the covers while pulling up my Spotify playlist. I listen to songs about an hour before I fell my eyes get heavy.

"No. I can't fall asleep." I shake my self back awake.

I sit up on my bed and check the time. 3 AM. I sigh and turn on the TV in front of.

I flip through Netflix, lazily picking something random that was still intriguing enough to keep me up.

I end up getting to the last episode of the season when the I see a few hints of sunshine shine through my window. I pause the episode and turn to the large glass.

I sit there for 20 minutes. Just watching. It's so peaceful. Quiet. The sun shining off the tall glass buildings and over the cute town houses and shops. A few people were out running or walking their dogs. I wish the world was always like this. It made me happy. I smile gently then my alarm rings making me flinch out of the peaceful state and reach out with a frown to grab my phone. I turn it off then stand and walk out into the bathroom with my change of clothes in hand.

After I get out of the shower I change into a cute pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I pull down the sleeves of the sweater and then head to the mirror in my room to do my makeup.

While standing up a wave of dizziness hits me again. I grip the wall next to me and let out a shaky breath as my legs feel week and the floor spins under me. My knuckles turn white, then the dizziness is gone. I let out a sigh.

"Holy fuck, this is going to be a rough week." I mutter to myself.

Walking out of my room with a fresh face I see Carter pushing a girl against the island.

"Alright, I heard it all night yesterday. I really don't need to see it." I roll my eyes and grab a bowl and cereal desperately looking away from the pretty girl under my roommate. The girl forced Carter back with a smile while Carter continued to lean into her. "Your roommates right, we shouldn't be doing this here. At least not in front of her..." She trailed off and Carter smirked then kissed her again. They didn't separate this time, as if I didn't exist.

"Nasty ass." I mutter keeping my eyes off them. Carter pulled away to glare at me.

"Hey, don't be mad because you haven't gotten dick in years." Little did he know.

"Shut the fuck up." I plead. He looks over at the girl and nods his head to the door. She kisses him and he winks back then she walks out of the apartment after grabbing her stuff. She leaves with a quick, "I'll see you later, babe" over her shoulder and I hear the door click shut. I resist the urge to sigh in relief.

"You need me to drive you?" He questions when I look up at him from my cereal bowl.

"No, I'll walk. It's warm outside and I'm early." I say with a mouth full of cereal.

"Alright, I got to get to work. See you later." He strolls into his room.

I wolf down the rest of my cereal then get my bag and phone and slip on my white converse.