Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Aria's POV

As I looked in the mirror of my old room before getting ready for bed, my mood instantly dropped.

I was not very happy with what I saw.

How cliché, was I expecting someone different to stare back at me? My face was obviously going to be the same. I mean, it wasn't like I was going to get surgery to change my looks or anything. I just hated being so...plain. There was nothing really special about my looks.

Two brown medium sized eyes looked back at me. I had dark brown chin length hair, a straight nose and average lips. The only thing that made me stand out from other people was the ring on the left side of my nose. That was pretty much it.

While I kept staring at myself in the mirror, I quickly heard a commotion happening downstairs.

What the heck was that? It sounded like someone rammed into my mom's front door.

I waited to see if I was able to hear anything else but as quickly as the sound came, it was gone. I couldn't hear anything else.

Oh God, what if someone was trying to kidnap my mom? She was so small that I wouldn't even doubt it!

I got so afraid at the thought of it, that I forgot to remember that my mother wasn't even at the house right now.

I quickly fixed my tank top and ran down the steps with my heart beating inside my throat.

When I got to the living room and looked around, the sight that was in front of me should have not been real.

In front of me stood a tall man with slightly longer hair, bending over something. I instantly knew who he was; he was no other than just one of the most beautiful men my eyes have ever seen...no biggie.

His broad back and shoulders were facing me; however, he was obviously not at my house to pay any attention to me, as he completely disregarded my presence and did not notice me running down the stairs.

You may be wondering how was I able to recognize who he was just by looking at his back, but trust me, I could recognize this man anywhere.

As I took in the scene in front of me, the man was bent over almost completely falling on top of my sister while smelling her hair. I see why my presence wasn't acknowledged, he was way too busy trying to hook up with none other than the beautiful sibling with the blonde hair and the blue eyes.

I swear I was adopted.

Why did she get the blue eyes when I got plain brown?

I'm suing.

"Eww, get this man off me," screamed my sister Lisa, as she pushed the man backwards. It was obvious that he was under the effects of alcohol, as he almost lost his footing by her pushing. Mind you, this was a 6-foot man being pushed by my 5-feet sister.

"What the heck is happening?" I asked, as I got closer to them, trying to understand the man's actions. I know him very well, he's never done anything like this at all; it was very strange.

"I was quietly trying to get my yoga on, while this guy banged on the door so loudly, that I thought the cops had finally found our dad dead in a ditch somewhere. When I opened it, this one barged in, talking nonsense." My sister pushed Mr. Gallagher once again, making him fall roughly on my mother's couch. He was so tall that his body fell in a very uncomfortable position on top of the small black couch.

He lightly pushed his hair off his face and drunkenly grinned "I like' emm feisty," he said as he immediately fell asleep and started snoring loudly.