Chapter 2: Visitors

"Look it's a white fox, what luck it rare to see one these days"

"Isn't that Ena holding the fox. It seems he is capable like his brother"

"It's our loss this time our preys pales in comparison to his"

"It's just a young fox nothing more. His luck was just good, if it were me I would've hunt it easily as well" said the burly kid with a tone full of jealousy.

Ena ignored the whispers and went straight home.

"Hahaha, honey look our son got a nice pray today" said the father with admiration.

"Little brother, it seems I won't keep the title the best young hunter for long" said Furu with a teasing tone.

"You didn't get hurt right, I'll cook the fox, they say it's meat is good for strengthening the bones and muscles and I'll use the skin and fur to make some clothes" said the mother with a gentle tone.

As the family was having a warm meeting. Suddenly a strong sound of a bell reverberate in the village, this was the emergency bell if it is heard it means something important has happened and all villagers young and old must rush to the village chief house.

As the sound got to every inch of the hamlet, you can see people with various ages rushing to a well looking house in the middle of the village. In front of it you can see an old looking man, his face was full of wrinkles and has a respectful gaze to the two men next to him. The first one was a middle aged man wearing a black robe with a sword hanging on his waist, his hair was white, his eyes were brilliant and full of vigor and he was wearing a simple smile, next to him was a young man around twenty five, he was wearing a colored robe, a long sword on his back, he was handsome and you can see the arrogance and haughtiness in his eyes.

Finally after a minute all the people in the village surrounded the house of the chief while whispering between themselves trying to guess the identity of the unexpected guests.

Gazing at the surrounding people, the village chief stroke his beard with a smile seaming satisfied with speed reaction of the villagers. He opened his mouth showing his withered yellow teeth and said with hoarse voice " Everyone calm down, there is no danger. I called you here today to announce some important news, as all of you know, marital arts are highly regarded but joining a sect is incredibly hard unless you get selected by one" He stopped for a moment to catch his breath, looked at the black robed man next to him with respect and awe and continued " This estimated guest is an elder from a martial arts sect and he is here today to recruit some people".

The black robed man smiled and said" I'm Zhan Li an elder from bright sun sect, when I was in nearby cities recruiting , I heard about your village and since it is a  hunting  hamlet, I thought I might find some good seedlings".

stopping for moment, he seemed to be thinking of something then his old eyes moved to the young man next to him and said" This my disciple Li Han, Li Han show them some of your abilities".

The young man nodded slightly and retrieved the sword from his back. Holding the sword he jumped high in the air while slashing with his blade and muttering ' bright slash', the a light beam in the shape of an arc extended from the sword and sliced a nearby tree.

As if it didn't notice anything the tree didn't move at all until a gentle breeze passed by, the upper half the tree fell leaving a clan cut spot. Shock and exclamation appeared in the villagers faces.

"If you are under fifteen and you want to go and get tested, to see if you can join our sect then tomorrow morning I expect to see you in the village entrance".

The young kids looked with excitement and happiness all over their faces, just the image of the young man cutting the tree made their blood boil and their desire to join the sect increased.

... ...

Sitting in front of the house the father raised his head and gave a serious gaze to the boy in front of him while saying " Ena, in our family, there is no one who meats the requirement expect for you, even so I won't middle with your choices, father will be proud of you no matter what you choose".

"Father, I want to go and try my best and if I didn't succeeded, I still have have the officers test next year right".

He looked at his son with a warm smile, he understood that his son made this choice in consideration of his feelings in order not to let him feel down and to make him feel proud.

He patted his son's shoulder and said with a touched voice " Do your best and be careful, no matter what happens  we are your family and this will be always your home".

The young man looked at his father, this old man who spent his life through danger to nurture his family, who treated his children with much love and affection like how one treats a precious treasure. His eyes turned red and a gentle smile appeared in his delicate face, he bowed to his father and said with a hoarse voice" Thanks for everything, your son won't let you down".

Behind the door of the house there was three curious people, who were secretly listening to the conversation between father and son.

"Seems like little brother decided to go. That guy he really grew up so fast"

"It can't be helped. He is stubborn as his father so persuading him won't, I should go prepare some things for his trip".

" Big brother is going away... I know he is strong, I believe, when he comes back he will be so strong that all the monsters in forest will fear him" said the little girl with lovely tone but if you focus closely you can notice a deep sadness in it.

"You all can come out, if my senses were so weak, I would've been eaten by beasts already" laughed the father from behind the door.

"Father your senses are really strong"

The father smiled with a hint of pride he looked at his family with a smile and said" Honey and prepare Ena's necessities and favorite dishes, let us have a warm meeting before his departure.

Ena, looked at his father and family members, he understood that they are trying to encourage him and not make him sad at the idea of leaving, he smiled gently and nodded his head slightly and stood up to help his mother and prepare his luggage.