Pilot

Chapter 1: Pilot

Dear Ms Finland,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been shortlisted for the position of a Production Assistant at Kensington Media. Due to the overwhelming applications for this particular position, we have a condition that has to be fulfilled should you decide to accept this job. Please do bear in mind that this is an unusual situation and should you decide to continue reading this letter, please be noted that the contents of this letter is purely confidential.

The condition is as follow:

1. Before this job is offered to you, you are required to join the reality show "Wedding Games Year 2".

2. Wedding Games is one of the country's most viewed reality show and your ability to play this game will determine if you are fit for this position.

3. A male partner will be designated to you for the length of 1 month to play the Wedding Games together.

4. All winnings (should you win) is yours to be used.

We do know that this goes above and beyond what is required of you so we have included our CEO, Mr. Kensington's business card should you want to set up an appointment. For further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us at HR@kensingtonmedia.com

Yours Truly,

The Secretarial Team

Kensington Media

***

"What the hell is that? Who writes that?"

Alyson Finland turned to look at her best friend decked out in all her colourful outfits; purple cargo pants, a bright orange top with tons of dangly and chunky accessories. Subtlety wasn't Breena Queen's forte. Alyson leaned back on the couch where she lay and held up her acceptance letter from Kensington Media.

"Are you sure they are the Kensington Media? The one that you claim is recognized in the international media world? No professional company would have this type of conditions!"

"You're right." Alyson had no idea why did Kensington Media have these types of conditions before she could be granted the job. It was a far cry from professional. This would have been her first job after graduating with a degree in Media and Arts last year.

Tossing her curly blonde hair over one shoulder, Breena moved forward on the coffee table and looked through the other envelopes on the table, "Have you received other letters from other companies?"

Alyson shifted and slid down from the couch to sit on the floor next to Breena, "Yes, I have. I've gotten one from Starlight Media and a few others."

"So which one are you taking?"

Alyson stared at the table where several other letters – chances – lay and back at the letter she held in her hand. She couldn't help it. She was intrigued by what Kensington Media was offering.

"I'm going to arrange for an appointment with the CEO of Kensington Media then I will decide."

Breena sighed, "I knew you were going to say that."

***

The appointment was set up for 10 am at the top floor of the building that housed Kensington Media. Alyson arrived a few minutes before ten and was ushered into a plush waiting room by Mr. Kensington's secretary.

"Please wait for a moment, Mr. Kensington will be with you shortly. Would you like anything to drink?"

Alyson shook her head. "No, I'm fine. Thank you."