Chapter 9: Tina

Tina was scared like she'd never been before. She had learned to fear May, Vinn and sometimes Lint, but she could not imagine being scared of Sonia.

When Sonia had attempted to kill Vinn, all Tina did was stare. She didn't even scream and that was strange. Then she had arrived to the point of forcing herself to believe that it hadn't happened. After, Kestor had reached the conclusion that it was the water that had this strange effect on Sonia, Tina had started feeling normal again. That was a nice solution to her.

After all, Sonia was too innocent to attempt to kill someone. Tina kept these thoughts in her mind while she was walking slowly, the dark of the Labyrinth surrounding her. Vinn still had blood dripping out from her nose after the incident. Even if it must've hurt a lot she stayed silent and just kept walking.

Sonia had the sign of Vinn's hand  printed on her face. It was really red and disgusting, but Sonia was smiling, so it must not have hurt that much. Sonia was so pretty that even looking at the red hand on her soft cheek gave Tina a headache. Still, you couldn't see it that much because Sonia's skin was a darker tone.

Kestor was panting next to Tina. He looked almost as tired as Tina of walking.

"How much more?" he asked Vinn, sighing.

"About ten minutes." Vinn replied hurriedly.

Tina smiled. Ten minutes was not a long amount of time. And she wanted to see Johnny again. To feel his presence and to see that he was safe. Every time he was away from her she felt a hole in heart.

Tina had never met someone that made her life so complete like Johnny did. She had never thought she would fall in love with a boy in her life. She had always wanted to be able  to live on her own, but now that she had met Johnny she couldn't imagine living without him.

This is why when she heard his voice her heart made a little twist.

"Johnny!" she cried, smiling. Then she started running in the direction of his voice. Her feet made thumping noises on the ground. Sonia called for her to stop running, but she didn't listen. She just ran and ran, until she saw his black hair and pale face.

He turned towards her and gave her a sheepish smile. She hugged him.

All of this had happened so fast that she hadn't noticed that there was a new member in their group.

She noticed that the new boy was staring at her, as if he already knew her. Suddenly, she didn't feel safe anymore.

He had light brown, wavy hair and a big face. He looked strong and athletic. His eyes looked wise and smart and Tina decided she didn't want to have anything to do with him. He looked dangerous.

Johnny hugged her back and laughed. "Nice to see you, Tina."

The girl smiled.

Kestor, Sonia and Vinn were running behind her. They had noticed the new boy too because they suddenly stopped running and started staring at him.

May, who had realised that there was tension, started to explain. "He is Theseus. He helped to free us from the King's guards. He is a new arrival of this year. He came here with Dennis."

Everyone stared at Dennis.

"I don't know him." Dennis answered the question that was forming in everyone's mind.

"The King's guards? In here?" Vinn asked, curious.

"Yes. They wanted to persuade us to stop looking for an exit." Johnny explained.

"You still have the necklace, right?" Vinn asked Dennis.

He nodded and then noticed the bruise on Vinn's face and the blood dripping from her nose.