Chapter 19: Johnny

Johnny's brain wasn't working properly. He was feeling a mix between angry and miserable. He was angry, of course, because of what Theseus had done to Tina. She didn't deserve to die. She was a good person. And he didn't have the rights to kill her. He was too surprised to say anything.

First Lint had been taken away from him. Now it was Tina's turn. The only difference was that Lint had deserved it. Tina was a good person. Everyone thought she was weird, but Johnny, who really knew her, understood that she was a wonderful person. She had her weird moments and she did some mistakes, like every other human being, but she loved her friends and she cared for the people around her. In that way she was very different from all the other people in the Labyrinth.

Johnny was also feeling miserable because he missed her. He missed her terribly. Only a few minutes had passed since her death and he already missed her. He missed her laughter, her smile (that was rare, but when it showed it felt like a ray of sunshine in a rainy day) and her kind words. Whenever Johnny was sad Tina always knew what to say. And now that he was feeling sadder than ever Tina wasn't there to help him.

In the meantime, he was running for his life. Vinn was guiding him, Kestor and Sonia, who had just woken up, through The Labyrinth, looking for a safe place to hide.

"Are you sure we should leave them fighting the Minotaur alone?" Sonia asked, worried.

Vinn didn't answer. She just kept walking, looking for a safe place to hide.

Unfortunately, everyone knew they were never going to find it. Otherwise, if there was a safe place to hide, they wouldn't have lived terrified of a possible monster attacking them.

"Where are we going exactly?" Kestor frowned, perplexed.

"I have no idea." Vinn shook her head, as if she was confused by her own answer.

"Wait!" Sonia exclaimed, suddenly.

"What?" Kestor asked.

"We are missing Tina! Where is she?" Sonia asked, raising an eyebrow.

Everyone started looking at Johnny expectantly. They though that, since he was her only friend, he would know where she was. He didn't say anything. There was a deep silence in the Labyrinth. Except for occasional Minotaur roars of the Minotaur no one was saying anything.

"This is terrible! We need to go get her!" Sonia cried, as she started to run back towards the Minotaur.

Vinn grabbed her by the arm and pressed against her skin so hard that her nail's signs stayed printed on her elbow.

"Don't go there, Sonia." Vinn ordered.

"Why? We need to get Tina!" Sonia protested trying to free herself from Vinn's grip.

"Tina's not coming!" Vinn shouted.

"What do you mean?" Sonia gasped.

"I mean she's not coming! Don't you get it? Tina's gone! She died! She's not coming back, so don't go back there or you are going to get killed too, you idiot!" Vinn cried.

Sonia's face paled and she didn't reply.
Johnny's heart suddenly started aching even more. Now that someone had said that Tina was dead it suddenly felt worse. Now he was sure it was true. Before it just felt like a terrible nightmare, but now that someone had finally said it out loud the reality finally hit him harder than ever.

"I - I'm sorry. Really." Vinn grabbed Sonia's hand. "I'm sorry I lost my mind and started screaming. It's just that you and Tina were my friends. And I'm scared you will end up just like her. And I don't want that."