Chapter One

I slowly pulled open the door to the Berklee Theater and saw about 50 other people around my age gathered around the stage in their seats.

There were 3 teachers standing on the stage talking in a huddle. I walked down the aisle to the front row and found a seat by myself.

I was a shy girl and I had never been to Boston, Massachusetts before. It's actually really cold in Boston. I'm so used to the warm salty breeze of Malibu, California.

I propped my luggage on one of the empty seats next to me.

I had a roommate; I wonder if she's here yet. I pulled out my binder I had gotten in the mail with some informative stuff about the program including my name tag, room key, and room mate information.

I took out the name tag and pinned it onto my denim button-down. I looked down and saw my name Lennon Hillard typed in a bold font. I couldn't believe this was all happening.

I saw my room mate's name on the info sheet. Her name was Lauren McDowell and it came with a picture to help me find her. She was pretty. Lauren had brown hair and large, round, blue eyes.

I was interrupted by a low, foreign voice coming from the stage.

"Welcome students, I am Mr. Alex Vittorio. I will be your vocal coach! I play pretty much any instrument you can think of and I am 30 years old." He said with a big smile at the audience.

He was obviously Italian. He had black hair and he was actually extremely attractive, to be honest.

"So, yeah that's pretty much it! Take it away, Marion." He added reaching his hand out to a larger lady.

She took his hand as if they were dancing and flung herself towards the microphone. This made me giggle because I could tell she was a comical person.

"Hey ya'll! I'm Mrs. Marion Adams! I will be ya'll's songwriting coach. I myself have written a few songs in my day!" she said dripping with a southern accent. 

"I have written songs with Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift. You know, country artists." she happily said obviously proud of her accomplishments.

I heard a loud slammed door and turned around to see a nervous brown haired girl.

My roommate.

"That's alright honey, come on in!" Mrs. Adams said in a motherly tone.

Lauren walked down the aisle. Looking for a seat, nervously. I waved smiling, trying to get her attention. She smiled relieved and sat down next to me.

"Woah, I am so sorry I am late!" she whispered.

"I'm Lauren!" She said extending her hand. I shook her hand. "I'm Lennon. I'm your roommate!" I told her.

"Oh wow, hey! Glad your not a freak!" she said laughing.

I could tell she meant that in a nice way but, wow, that was bold, huh?

"So good to meet you!" she added. She seemed like a nice girl. Her eyes gleamed from the dim light of the theater.

 "Now that everyone is settled, we will introduce our very special guest! I'm sure you all know him, Harry Styles from One Direction!" Mrs. Adams said with excitement.

He strolled flawlessly onto the stage from the right. He had the kind of flawless confidence I wish I could have. He was wearing a fitted white t-shirt and jeans with white converse.

His necklaces jangled while he walked.

He walked with stature and the fitted t-shirt he wore showed off is built body. Girls were screaming and crying "Harry! Harry!".

He acknowledged the crazy girls with a head nod and waved. His smile lit up the whole room.

"Hello, I'm Harry!" He said into the mic in his low raspy British voice. 

He turned in my direction and his deep, glowing, green eyes locked with mine. 

He stared into me and I'm sure I looked idiotic; I felt like the world stopped turning and there was only him and I.

I looked away and smiled, hoping he would have turned away by now.

He was still staring when I glanced back up and he had awkwardly positioned his feet, almost tripping himself.

He smiled and then focused back on the other audience members.

 He slowly flipped his luscious brown curls and combed them with his large hand.

"So, lads, I'm going to be here for the whole length of the program. I am here to mentor all of you personally and give you musical advice on performing and really expressing yourself in your music." He said smiling at all of us.

He looked over my way again.

Harry, locking his eyes on mine again said, "Also, I think we have a great group of future stars here. I'm excited to see what happens!" smiling widely. 

Mr. Vittorio re-entered the picture again and came up to the mic.

"Alright kids, go find your dorms and you are free the rest of the night! Just be back in your dorms by mid-night!".

When he said this, everyone grouped around Harry in front of the stage, asking him questions. I could over hear them while I was gathering my things with Lauren.

"Harry, are you single?" one shrieking girly voice asked.

"I am!" he said laughing at their desperate voices.

"But, we'll see what happens." he added. This brought on even more shrieks.

I had blocked the voices out now and Lauren and I were headed out of the theater. We were walking quickly to our dorms with excitement when I felt a gripping hand on my shoulder.

I turned around seeing the green eyes I had seen earlier, glowing, almost making me fall.

"Hey I'm Harry! What might your name be?" he said with a grin that made me weak.

I tried to bring myself back to reality and stop falling so quickly into his dreaminess.

He was so not my type and he was probably rude and stuck up just like all of the other celebrities.

 "I-I'm Lennon...Lennon Hillard." I said stuttering slightly.

"Well, Lennon, would you like to join me on a date tonight at the pub?" Harry asked with a devilish grin.

I told myself I couldn't; I just couldn't. He was a trap and I would fall in.

I could feel him and Lauren's glare on me, waiting for my answer.

"I'm kind of busy. Maybe later." I answered. I saw his grin fade. I slowly turned around and resumed walking with Lauren.

I turned my face slightly to see Harry still looking forward at me. I felt a tad bit of regret and a little relief. In a way, I felt bad for dissing him.

You don't know how much I wanted to go with him to that pub, but I couldn't put myself through that heartbreak.

In the end, I had a feeling he would break my heart.

Harry was a star and I didn't think either of us would have time for a relationship.

"Are you nuts?" Lauren asked her so shocked, her eyes bulging out of her face.

"I just can't go through that. Lauren, he is a star. How are we ever going to be together?" I said.

"I mean, it could work! You never know Lennon. He's hot, you should take the chance." Lauren said with a concerned look.

I thought to myself, maybe it could work. Maybe he was a really good guy.

Well, I would know soon because we will have a private session every other day together. He will with everyone. It would be a little awkward tomorrow at our session with each other.

A wise person once told me to just love, not fall in love, because everything that falls gets broken.