Chapter Two

Lauren and I were in Berklee Hall, our dorm. We both had linked arms and we were racing down the halls looking for our dorm number. "8930...8930.....8930." I said repeating our dorm number under my breath.

"Hey here we are!" Lauren said in excitement. I saw before me a beige door with pretty crown molding around the edges and "8930" stated on the front.

I pulled out my room card and slid it through the opening. The handle clicked and I gripped it, pushing the rather heavy door open.

We turned around a corner to the left and saw two queen sized beds with attractive bed spreads, much like an elegant hotel.

I sat down my luggage on the glossy, dark wood flooring next to the bed closest to the balcony door.

"Wow, this is nice!" stated Lauren, placing her bags down in front of the bed next to mine. She immediately plopped down on her new bed, relaxing.

"I think we should go party tonight! We don't have to be in until midnight." Lauren said with a grin and a wink.

"You know what, that sounds actually really fun." I said agreeing.

I walked toward the balcony and pushed open the glass door, bringing sunlight into the room.

I walked out onto the concrete floor of the balcony.

I gripped the chilling railing and looked out to the sky. We were on the 5th floor.

The cold, crisp wind blew my hair and made my shiver. I was really here.

Looking out into the sunset, I thought again about Harry's face.

I went back inside but left the door open, blowing the curtains slightly.

We both started unpacking and putting away our things in the vacant drawers. I pulled out my evening dress I was wearing tonight when we were going out.

It was a short, fitted black dress with a beaded, one shoulder neckline.

I hung it up in the closet next to Lauren's yellow, low-cut, dress.

I must admit, she had good fashion sense.

 "Hey love your dress!" I said trying to push Harry out of my mind, giving her a wink.

"Hahahahaha! Thanks girl! You can borrow it whenever you want." She answered obviously giggling.

I walked back over towards our beds.

"So where are you from?" I asked Lauren sitting down on my bed.

"I'm from Hartford, Connecticut. You?" Lauren asked.

"Malibu, California." I answered.

"Oh wow! Your lucky! Warm weather, beaches, hot guys; that sounds like heaven!" She said moving over to my bed, sitting next to me.

"Haha yeah! I actually dated a lifeguard for 2 years. We broke up right before I left for this program." I said.

"He turned out not to be the guy I thought he was." I added remembering Dustin, that tan skinned blonde and the warm summer nights I spent with him.

"Oh I'm sorry! That must be why you weren't all into going out with Harry." Lauren said with a concerned look.

"Yeah pretty much." I answered.

Again, I thought of tomorrow and how I would have to face Harry and his cheeky personality. Thinking about this, I realized maybe I regretted my answer.

I strolled into our mini kitchen close to the door and made some tea. I sunk the tea bag into a cup I pulled off of the counter.

Bringing the warm cup up to my lips I thought maybe, I had feelings for him.