Nicky

~Nicky POV~

What a feeling it is to wake up in the morning knowing that you're a junior. The power that my classmates and I now hold. The ability to stunt on these hoes knowing that we're nearly at the top of the pyramid. You cant predict what's gonna happen this year. That unpredictability is why I haven't been to school in like months. Today's gonna be the first time I enter the school building in a while. Will it look spicy fresh? Probably not. They probably just did a quick rinse. Either way I'm ready to take on what this first day and year has. 

I stare at the spinning ceiling fan. Then I look at the ceiling vent just a little to the right. It was closed all the way. No wonder I was hot last night. I closed off the AC. My mind is powerful. I turn towards my window and saw that beautiful orangish light stream through. As I stare, my 6am alarm goes off. It was time to start getting ready for school. I hop in the shower to get squeaky clean, moisturize and head back to my room to put on clothes. 

This is the important part. The clothing makes the person and I must make a good impression on my first day. That of course is something I would say if I cared. Who has the energy to keep up a good look the entire year? I throw on a sleeveless shirt and a brand new pair of blue jeans. I run downstairs cause I can smell my dads marvelous cooking. I look into his pot and find the glorious burrito filling. Finely diced potatoes, fluffy scrambled eggs, and crispy bacon. All brought together by the homemade green chili and arousing, stretchy cheese. I know the drill. Put the tortilla in the microwave so it's soft and warm, fill it up all you want, and wrap it up in foil. Once my burrito is well dressed I reach in the fridge for the bottle of orange juice. Always gotta shake it up and pour it in my favorite glass. I seat myself as my brother, Erin, comes down the stairs. Late as usual.

I enjoy my burrito as I watch him assemble his own. As we eat, mom walks in from her room and greets us. 

"Hey kids. Are you ready for your first day of school after such a long time?"

"Yes ma'am!" I say, while Erin just grunts. 

"I want you to take pictures on your way to school. It's a very important day."

"You got it"

I finish my burrito and head upstairs for some final touch ups. I brush my teeth, comb my hair and most of all, make sure I smell nice. I'm downstairs now, waiting on the couch so that my brother and I can take pictures on our way to school. Once he gets there, we are on our way. On the 2 blocks that my brother and I have to walk, we are having a photo-shoot. This tree, this fence, maybe sit in that patch of grass. Mom will be very happy to view all of these pictures later today. Finally, with my at the door to the high school, we part ways. 

I realized that I came to school later than I usually do and there were tons of people in the front area and in the building. At this point I realized that I had no idea where anyone was and if my friends were even here yet. As I walked through the front doors, I began to message the group chat. 

"NICKY!!"

I heard someone call my name. I swing around in anticipation, but at the same time I knock someone over. I turn around to see a girl lifting herself off the ground. 

"Dude, I'm so sorry."