Field Day

~Nicky POV~

It was a Friday and we were a couple of weeks into school. Today they decided to hold a field day, which in my book is the day where all the white boys take over all the activities. As I got ready for the day I put on some light pants because the school forbid we ever wear shorts. It was supposed to reach 90 degrees today so the best I could do was put on my favorite Adidas sleeveless shirt and sunglasses. Despite the outfit, I was not planning on playing anything. Instead of a real lunch I packed my lunchbox with a cold, juicy fruit and snacks. I plan on having a buffet while I watch people kill themselves in the heat. 

I walked to school in a good mood because I enjoyed days like these. Days where we did nothing productive. Before the day officially started, my friends and I met up at the usual table.

"Guys I brought a whole bunch of food, so you better believe we're just gonna be chilling today," I said. 

"Ohhh nice. Did you bring any fruit?" Prudence questioned.

"But of course," I checked the time, "I think we have to head inside now."

Before field day was in full effect we had to go through the teachers expectations. This isn't a time to goof off, there will be consequences for not heeding the rules, you can't leave the campus and who could forget, have fun. The usual stuff. They set up field day so that prep academy would do activities together and senior academy would do things separate from them. Senior academy started off in the gym/cafeteria. In the gym people were playing dodge ball and some were watching from the bleachers. As a group we started by watching people play dodge ball. We watched through half of the free for all round before we got bored and went into the cafeteria. In there they were playing music and people were just mingling.

"Senior academy. We will be transitioning outside in 5 minutes."

I remembered that I still had my food in my locker.

"Be right back,"I dismissed myself. 

...

I went outside and found my friends sitting at the top of the outside bleachers. 

"What did I miss?" I asked, looking around at the field.

"They're playing a flag game," Bellamy replied.

"Flag game?"

"Y'know the one where everyone has those football flags around their waist and others have to pull it off."

"Ohh that one. We used to play that all the time in elementary school."

I started digging through my lunchbox when someone called my name.

"Nicky!"

I looked up and saw Lindsey at the foot of the bleachers. She had her hand clutched at the bottom of her shirt.

"C'mon let's play with the boys," she yelled.

I looked out to the field to see all of the shirtless white boys. No ma'am

"I'd love to, but it's y'know it's hot out and I wasn't-"

I blinked and in that moment the shirt that was on her body was caught on my face. I grabbed it and peeked out over the fabric to see her standing there in nothing but workout leggings and a sports bra. I stared in awe. With no cloud to be spotted the sun shone on her body. The peaks of her abs stood out from the shadows that the sun cast over her toned stomach. And the v-line ran from her obliques and continued down the front of her hips. I stifled a giggle. She works out.

"What do we get if we win?" I asked.

She smirked, "I'll buy us Chick-fil-a."

So just like that I was full of energy. I set aside my sunglasses, tossed her shirt where I was sitting and flew down the bleachers.

"You guys can eat the fruit if you want," I said to my friends.

"Go get 'em girls," said Saffron. 

I walked behind Lindsey to get a better look and boy what a view it was. I could see the muscles in her legs flex as she walked. She must be a runner. My eyes panned upwards. Never in my life did I think I would find back and neck muscles so attractive but here we were. Look at how I won.

We put on our flags and I asked, "So. What's the strategy?"

"Be aggressive. We're going all in and we'll give these boys a run for their money," she leaned in, "can you keep up?"

I nodded and smiled. A teacher blew the whistle and all the duos spread themselves out.

"Damn. Look around. We've caught ourselves in the middle."

She was right. I looked around to see people all around us. I'm not a fan of  monkey in the middle.

"Follow my lead."

The whistle was blown a second time and in an instant she took off. Someones in a hurry.

"You see the two blondes? We're going after them. When I say 'go' you cut to the right in front of me."

What a tactician. Now I know that she really is a runner cause how else would one be able to talk so much while running a full sprint. It was a struggle to keep up, but I wanted the reward. We were a mere 7 feet from the duo we were going after. They held a defensive stance as we came towards them, but we were more than ready.

"Go."

I pivoted my left foot and used my momentum and to boost myself towards the guy on the right. I went low and yanked the flag from his waist. He reached for mine, but I lifted my body up and twisted away. I looked towards Lindsey and saw her toss the other guys flag on the ground.

"No time to slow down. We're going for the brunettes next," she told me as she turned towards them. 

We kept our momentum moving, no matter how long the interaction. One by one flags were on the ground and we found ourselves in the top three. 

"We're almost done here. How will we overpower these final dudes?" I was ready for any last strategy she had.

"I have a plan."