Stalemate

Annie's POV

I was sitting down in front of Recon who was asking me simple and personal questions, especially about Marley.

"What's the point of asking these questions?"

Recon didn't respond instead just closed her folder and sighed.

"Tell me, why did you betray your own nation?" asked Recon

I looked up at her and frowned.

"I didn't want to be part of the Warrior Program, but my father taught me how to fight and he wanted to live a better life. If I became a Marlyean hero then I would be praised by the people and that would give us a better living life."

"So all of this was for your father?"

"Yes."

She seemed to think about it and sighed.

"You are free to go."

Eren's POV

Apparently they didn't interrogate Armin, Mikasa and Marco for some reason and now we are outside in the mud ditch, digging for nothing.

"What the fuck are we digging here for?" I muttered under my breath

I had a shovel and I just kept digging and digging, but every time a dug up a hole it would be covered up again.

'I can just turn into a titan, grab my friends and just make a run for it.' I thought to myself

'But where are we even going to go if we do manage to escape?'

I turn around and see that Recon was walking down the path that divided the mud ditch and the other mud ditch on the other side. On the other side was Ghost team digging except for Captain Ghost and Bomber.

Recon was walking until a pile of mud hit her. I look to see who threw it and it turned out to be Phantom who had shovel in her hand. Most of the Russian soldiers began to restrain most of the prisoners, two of them brought Phantom to Recon.

"Oof someone's mad." said Jean

"Is Recon going to kill her?" asked Armin

"Looks like they're going to fight it out." said Mikasa

And indeed she was right, Recon signaled the two soldiers restraining her, and they let go.

Phantom took a few steps back before getting into her fighting stance, so did Recon.

"This is going to be interesting." said Annie

No one's POV

They stood there for a couple of seconds, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Everyone stopped what they were doing and had all their eyes on the two.

Phantom and Recon sprinted towards each other at the same time. Recon did a jump round house kick but Phantom leaned back while sliding on the ground, without falling backwards. Phantom turned around and did a step side kick hitting Recon on the chest. Recon stumbled back, Phantom approached her and threw a right uppercut on Recon's right side, then threw a left hook, then a round house kick hitting all three attacks. Phantom kicked the inner thigh making Recon fall on one knee and Phantom went for a head kick with the other leg. But Recon went lower and swiped Phantom's leg, Phantom fell and Recon tried to punch her head but Phantom rolled away in time.

"Not bad." said Recon who just shrugged off all the attacks. "My turn."

Phantom threw a right straight, but Recon slid to her left and threw a right hook towards her stomach, then a left hook at her face, right hook at her stomach and with the same arm towards her face. Phantom stumbled back.

"What the fuck? You weren't this fast." asked Phantom

"I was holding back during training camp."

Phantom went for a spinning hook kick but Recon leaned back and went for two hook punches. Phantom then did a jumping spinning hook but this time, as Recon leaned back, Phantom kicked Recon in the face in midair with her other leg. Phantom fell and did a kick up to get back up however, as she got up Recon did a jump push kick and while in midair, she did a backflip kick with her other leg, hitting Phantom on the chin. Recon came up to Phantom and threw a punch hitting her in the jaw but Phantom did a step back jump round house kick to the face and then a hook punch. Phantom then did a side webster axe kick, hitting Recon on the face.

Phantom got up and did a double round house kick, fist kick was a distraction and the second was a head kick. But Recon saw it coming and grabbed the leg of the second kick and threw her over, slamming Phantom onto the ground. Recon went in and started pounding Phantom but Phantom grabbed one of Recon's arm and formed a triangle choke hold with both of her legs. Recon lifted her up and when she was bringing Phantom down, Phantom fell backwards threw Recon with her legs as she used her back to force Recon to fall forward.

Recon fell a few feet back but did a kick up. Phantom ran towards Recon and did a jumping knee kick on Recon hitting her square in the jaw, then Phantom punched her on the same spot. As Recon was about to fall onto her side she did a spinning hook kick hitting Phantom on the head. Phantom recovered and went for a right straight punch but Recon did a jumping back kick hitting Phantom on the chest, making her stumble back and fall to one knee. Recon grabbed Phantom's hair and kneed her but Phantom began to punch and elbow her stomach. Phantom then did an uppercut to Recon's chin making her stumble backwards. Phantom grabbed one of Recon's leg and Phantom put one of her legs behind Recon's other leg making her fall down. Phantom did an ankle lock on the leg she was holding but Recon kicked her face with her other leg.

Phantom let go and rolled sideways only to be met with two hook punches from Recon. But on the third one Phantom blocked it and punched her at the same time. Phantom threw a left hook but Recon blocked it with her right arm and using that same arm punched her. Recon grabbed the same arm and threw Phantom over her back, but Phantom used her legs, got Recon's neck and threw her. Phantom ran to her and tried punching her but Recon dodged it and spun around to Phantom's back. Recon bent down wrapped her arms around Phantom's hip and lifted her up. Recon fell backwards with Phantom's body and slammed her back to the ground. Phantom got up slowly but as soon as she did Recon did a turning round house kick, hitting her on the head. knocking her out cold.

Eren's POV

'Holy shit what was that? I had my eye on them the whole time and I saw nothing but a blur.'

"Shit that was fast." gapped Mikasa

Recon looked at Phantom once and left out through the entrance of the camp.

"You think she's going back on the field?" asked Jean

"Probably." said Annie

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 hours later

Now we were back in our jail cell all soaked in mud.

"Soooooo who's going to sleep on the bed?" asked Armin

"Not me. I can't sleep on a bed like this." I replied

"I can't sleep like this." groaned Jean

"This is messed up." said Marco while shaking his head

I just sat in front of the bed with Annie looking out the jail cell door. She tucked on my arm and laid her head on my shoulder.

"How long do you think we'll be stuck in this hell hole?" asked Annie

"Beats me, I'm just hoping Captain Ghost has some kind of plan to get us out of here."

"But what if he doesn't?" asked Annie

"Well, we also got others back at base who are probably planning to come and get us." I reassured Annie

"Well, we're going to have to come up with a plan to escape either way."

"I think it might be easier since Recon isn't here?" I implied, "Maybe Armin help us plan."

Annie just nodded as she slowly began to drift to sleep.