Chapter 23 Part 1: Favors and Jubilees

It has been two days since your departure from Homeworld's grasp and already you feel bored out of your mind. Sure there's a literal call to adventure ahead of you, but you needed to save up your energy. The ship wasn't so bad with everybody working their hardest considering it was just a shuttle, but you needed something to do instead of sitting in what was basically a throne. There has been a small change that has been happening though, the horns that were on your head reverted back and you no longer had fangs. So there's that. But anything else hasn't really been that special. You haven't had a word from Steven since he left, which made you start to worry, but you reassured yourself that the kid knows what he's doing.

Y/N: "Status Report."

Rhodonite: "Nothing to report, Boss."

Rutiles: "All is fine on our end. It's smooth sailing here, Boss."

Y/N: "Thank you. *Sigh*"

Jasper: "Are you okay?"

Y/N: "Yeah, I'm fine. It's just- 3. 2. 1."

Padparadscha: "I think the Boss will be getting bored soon."

Y/N: "*Smiles* Thank you, Padparadscha."

Jasper: "So that's it."

Y/N: "Yeah. It's barely been two days, but there's nothing to do."
Jasper: "Well, we could make a pit stop on a nearby planet if you want."

Y/N: "Yeah, that sounds nice. I really need somewhere to stretch my muscles."

Topaz: "There's a planet not too far from here. It seems to be in good condition."

Y/N: "That'll do. Y'all deserve a break from work anyways."

The Off-Colors: "Thank you, Boss!"

-

Cypress 4

The lush blue planet that you landed wasn't so bad considering the gravity was two times heavier than Earth's, but that immediately made every bone in your body pop before you could do that for yourself. Lars couldn't handle it as he immediately collapsed to the ground. You and Jasper laughed as everyone else was shocked to see him fall, but he stood up and said he was fine.

Y/N: "Now this is amazing. I can finally move and do something."

Jasper: "Like what?"

Y/N: "This place is perfect to spar in."

Jasper: "You're supposed to be saving up energy though."

Y/N: "Don't worry, I'm not going to be using my energy. Think of it as a handicap."

Jasper: "Fighting with just your fists?"

Y/N: "Yeah. And don't go easy on me either, Babe."

Jasper: "*Sigh* You're crazy, but that's why I love you."

Y/N: "Oh, is that the only reason why?"

Jasper: "I- *Blushes* No, but... Let's just get this over with."

Y/N: "Aight then."

Lars: "If you guys are going to fight, can you please do it away from the ship?"

Y/N: "Aight, fine."

Both you and Jasper kept a good distance away from the ship as Topaz and the Off-Colors watched.

Jasper: "*Summons Helmet* How long do you want to do this?"

Y/N: "Let's give this ten minutes."
Jasper: "Aight then."