Chapter 32: Old Friends and New Job Opportunities

8 AM

As you opened up your Gym, you were immediately greeted by a group of gems that regularly join your gym.

Gems: "Good Morning, Boss!"
Y/N: "*Smiles* Good Morning, Class. Let's make today a good one, okay?"
Gems: "Yes, Boss!"

-

3 PM

You start to close up shop as the gems left as you waved. Then you noticed a gem that stayed behind. She was a part of your mafia not too long ago, but she left to find her own life on Earth. It was Honey Calcite.

Honey: "*Awkward wave* H-Hi, Boss."

Y/N: "Hey, Honey! *Hugs her* It's been a while. How've you been?"
Honey: "I-I've been doing alright. I heard you were running this Gym, so I-I wanted to check it out and maybe... talk to you again?"
Y/N: "*Smiles* Of course!"

You open the Gym and walk inside to show the interior to Calcite. It was like a lot of standard gyms; weights, punching bags, it even has a fighting ring in the center of it, along with a few tables and chairs to talk. You walked around the place with her as she looked at your sign.

Honey: "I-I see you've done pretty well for yourself, Boss."

Y/N: "Yeah, it's pretty good."

Honey; "*Reads sign out loud* "Come in Angry, Leave Happy" Wow... I-I kinda like what this place does for Gems."

Y/N: "Quite relieving, right?"
Honey: "Y-yeah... So, um... How are the others doing?"
Y/N: "They're doing alright. You oughta come by and join us at my place... How about tonight?"
Honey: "R-really? I-I wouldn't want to be a bother to you-"

Y/N: "Nonsense! They'd be happy to see you again."

-

3:20

Your House

You leave the portal with Calcite and enter the house where you got greeted by your youngest son Giorgio.

Giorgio: "Attack hug! *Jump hugs you* Hey Dad!"

Y/N: "Hey, there's my boy!"

Giorgio: "How was your day?"
Y/N: "Pretty good. Did ya learn anything new?"

Giorgio: "I sure did! *Looks behind you* Bee!"

Honey: "H-hello there, little Giorgie. *Gets hugged* C-can't believe you've grown so much! L-last time I saw you, you were only a baby..."
Y/N: "Yeah, it's been awhile since you two've seen each other."

Giorgio: "This is so cool! I gotta tell the others!" He ran upstairs happily.

Y/N: "Giorgio missed you when you left."
Honey: "I-I see..."

Y/N: "I'm glad to see him happy, though. I bet the others will be the same way."
-

4 - 6:45 PM

You and Calcite were greeted by your Mafia and everybody was happy to see her again. Soon after making dinner for Chloe and the boys, you went with the others to catch up on what happened since she left. Calcite has been doing a human job as a cashier. She's also been living in an apartment complex in Little Homeworld with a Kyanite roommate.

Rhodonite: "Ooh~! I'm so proud of you~!"
Honey: "T-thanks, but... I'm still trying to get used to it. W-working and living on Earth really is different than what I expected at first... I-it doesn't feel normal to me."

Rutile: "At least you're trying, Honey. That's a good thing, y'know."

Y/N: "Yeah. Sure things might not feel normal right now. But on Earth, you can control what normal means to you."