3

all day louis can't focus in class, his mind wanders to what he's gonna do when he sees harry again. should he hug him? he doesn't think they're close enough for that. maybe just a simple handshake.

he's made it through half his day, he tries doing some homework during lunch but he can't focus. he shuts his textbook that still had his notebook inside of it and goes on his phone. on instagram, harry has posted the day his song is going to be released and the name of it. louis smiles a bit, liking the post.

when he gets home he tidies up his room a bit, clearing up some of the kitchen as well just as the doorbell rings. he feels a familiar rush of excitement go through his body.

"hey." harry says when louis opens the door. louis offers him a smile, opening the door wider. harry was in comfy clothing, grey sweats, grey beanie and a blue hoodie to protect himself from the cold.

"good flight?" louis asks as he offers to take the bag harry had on his shoulder. harry waves him off.

"yeah, thanks. just let me know where to put it." harry says and louis scratches the back of his head.

"i've got an extra mattress under my bed so i'll just pull that out for you in my room. or i guess you could sleep on the couch if you want a bad back for the rest of your life." louis says with a crooked smile. harry chuckles at that, shaking his head.

"not thanks, already have that." he says and begins to follow louis up the creaky stairs.

louis' room is very well maintained, he needed it to be since it was the background of most his tiktoks.

"nice room." harry says and sets his bag down in a corner.

"thanks." louis responds. then they kind of just stare at each other, louis' hands deep in his pockets and harry twiddling his fingers.

"you hungry?"

"no thanks." harry says immediately. louis cracks a smile.

"you can sit on the bed ya know. or the bean bag chair or the desk chair." he teases. harry rolls his eyes, a small smile on his face.

"this is weird." harry says and chuckles as he sits on the bed.

"if you think this is weird imagine how i feel." louis says and joins harry on the bed. harry smirks a bit.

"starstruck?" he teases. louis flips him off.

"what really brought you here hm?" louis asks, eyes wide and curious as he stares harry down. harry sniffles a bit, rearranging so he was cris cross and facing louis.

"honestly i'm kind of running away from my problems. or more like, avoiding. i guess." harry says. louis quirks a brow.

"you're about to come out with your first solo music you should be over the moon." louis says softly, eyes searching harry's. harry shrugs, twiddling his thumbs in his lap.

"i want to be. i can't help thinking that people might hate it, s'pretty different stuff then when i was in the band." harry explains. louis can't help the smile that comes upon his face as he holds back his laughter. harry's insecurity was real, louis just doesn't understand how he could possibly think people won't like anything he does.

"no offense, but you could scream into a microphone for four minutes straight and still go number one in every country." louis chuckles. it makes a blush come across harry's face as he laughs, shaking his head in disagreement.

harry looks to louis, a little smile on his face.

"wanna hear it?" harry asks. louis quirks a brow in confusion.