|2|

Mike carried Max to a lake and placed her down carefully on a pile of leaves.
"Max? Max? Wake up," he said. Max's eyes remained closed and she didn't move anything.
"Maxine?" Mike asked getting worried.

Three days earlier
The 8th graders set up camp in the woods. There were two teachers to watch the students.
"We are going for a hike. You have 5 minutes to get into shape," Ms. Lumber said. Max turned around and saw Lucas, Dustin, and Will.
"Hey," she said walking up to them.
"Hey, Max," Will said looking at his feet.
"Where's El?" Dustin asked.
"She is over there," Max said pointing to the right without looking.
"Talking to Brayden," Lucas said. Max looked over and El was in fact talking to Brayden. She walked over and smiled weakly at Brayden.
"Hope, I'm not interrupting anything," she said.
"No, you aren't," Brayden said. "Just your friend being a bitch."
"Excuse me?" Max asked.
"Max, stop," El said.
"Call her a bitch one more time!" Max said raising her voice. This caused Lucas, Will, and Dustin to walk over.
"Maxine, come on," Lucas said.
"What are you going to do Maxie?" Brayden asked also raising his voice.
"Do you want to test me?" she asked.
"Try me," Brayden said, he was taunting her. Max smiled and punched him in the nose with all her strength. He touched his nose, which was bleeding.
"Max!" Will shouted. Brayden stepped up, he was about to hit her. Mike stepped in front of Max and grabbed his friend's arm, preventing his hit. El grabbed Max by her arm and pulled her away.

On the hike Max saw Mike talking to Brayden, she wanted to thank him, but she didn't want another incident while they were on a cliff.
"We are stopping to admire the scenery," Mr. Brown said.
"Stay in sight!" Ms. Lumber shouted. Max turned back around and saw Mike alone sitting at the edge of the cliff. She walked over and sat next to him.
"Hey," she sighed.
"Hi," he said.
"Thanks for earlier," she said.
"I wasn't going to let him mess up that face of yours," he said looking at her. Max smiled and even laughed. The two stood up to head back with the group with Brayden came.
"I'm going to go back with El," Max said walking away. Brayden grabbed her by her arm. "Dude let her go," Mike said.
"You're fraternizing with her,"
"I am not!" Mike shouted. Max continously tried to pull her arm arm.
"Get off me!" she yelled. El and Will walked over.
"Let her go!" Mike shouted. Then Lucas walked over.
"Will, get Mr. Brown," El said. Will ran off to get the teacher.
"You see. This bitch has no right to punch me in my goddamn nose," Brayden said.
"Let go!" Max shouted pulling her arm back.
"Payback time for you and the traitor that call himself my friend!" Brayden yelled. Brayden threw Max into Mike then they both fell off the cliff.
"No!" Eleven screamed, she went to the edge but didn't see them.
"Brayden, what the hell!" Lucas yelled.