|4|

Max and Mike laid on the ground, both unconscious. Max was pale and her hair was filled with dirt. Mike was also pale, his hair stayed the same, he had scratches all over his arm.

Two days earlier
Max woke up to Mike hitting a tree with a stick. "What the hell are you doing?"
"I don't know. Trying to wake you up," he said.
"El will find us, right?" she asked.
"Yeah,"

The two started to walk into the woods. Max heard hissing, and stopped walking to look around. Mike continued walking, not even noticing Max had stopped and Max didn't notice Mike still walking.

Max turned and noticed Mike was gone. "Very funny," she whispered. She started walking again, but in the wrong direction.

Mike turned around and saw noticed Max not behind him. "Maxine?" he asked looking around. "Max!"

"We are never going to find them. They are already forcing us to leave," Will said.
"I am staying, we can't just leave here," El said.
"After Will went missing, you saw how the search went. They will find them," Lucas said.
"They aren't stupid enough to separate, no matter how much they despise each other," Dustin said.

"Mike!" Max yelled. It seemed as if she was walking in circles.
"Michael Theodore Wheeler! Where did you go?" she asked. She heard a twig snap and turned around. Suddenly, other twigs starting snapping at once. She ran off and didn't stop until she ran into a tree and knocked herself unconscious.