Episode 1: Her Favorite Place

"Mum, could I borrow your laptop."I asked my mom who was busy plucking leaves in the  garden."Mine doesn't seem to want to work for today,it's literally tired and is asking for a break."

"Alright,stop pestering me already,"Mum said,looking over to where I stood."You can have it for now.I'm not using it anytime soon."

"Thanks, Mum."I gushed,rushing over to give her a back hug.

She paused,then stopped plucking the leaves and smiled,wrapping her arms around me.

I smiled.

"What a child!"Mom exclaimed,as I walked away leaving her in the garden. "She still acts like a child even at that age."

I walked into my room after I had gotten the laptop from her room and settled down to use it when I heard my phone ring.

I picked it up,looked over at the screen as it displayed unknown number.Sensing that it might be a lost friend who just got my number.I put the phone on loud speaker and clicked the receiver button on my phone screen.

"Hello,Nina speaking.Who is on the line?"I spoke to the unknown stranger on receiver mode.

"It's me Greg,"one of my long-term male friends that i met after a long while in the coffee shop just called me.

"Oh,Greg."I muttered,in excitement.

He chuckled,then let out a sigh. "Don't tell me you forgot about me already."

I muttered,"No,I didn't."

"That's a relief."He muttered."so have you got plans?"

Plans!

"Plans?"I asked,trying to comprehend the question he had asked me.

"Yeah,plans like what you want to do today or sort"

"Yeah,that kind of plans"I cut in,as I tried to look for an excuse so I wouldn't have to go out.

"So?"he asked.

I replied,as I explained."Oh,Well,I got a lot to do today like,I have got to finish writing a book today then watch television,go to the market,play games and coo..."

"Cook,yeah,I know."he cut in,taking a momentary pause then continued,"But could you make time for us to meet."

Meet?What was he talking about.

I was lost in thoughts for a second.

I really don't want to go out today.

"Hello,Are you still there?"I heard the voice kick from the drums of the speaker.

I snapped out of my thoughts in an instant and replied,"Oh yes,well,I could make some time for you.Where do you want us to meet?" I asked him,as I looked through my schedule of the day.

"Hm,how about we meet at your favorite place?"he suggested.

"My favorite place?" I asked.

"Yeah, anywhere you like or should we go over to a roadside bar?"he asked.

"Um,let me see..." I said,as I placed my hands on my chin. "How about Subway that place we always went to during school hours?"

"Oh Subway. Okay!"he answered.

"What time?" I asked.

"How about 3:00 in the afternoon?" he suggested.

"Okay,3:00pm is okay by me"

"KK bye."

"Bye,Greg"I said,putting the phone down when I felt a little tap on my shoulder.

I turned and saw my mum  standing behind me glaring at me with her chocolatey eyes and long eyelids.

It dawned on me that she might have heard the conversation.

"Mum,have you been listening to our conversation the whole time?"I asked,glaring back at her.

She nodded.

I closed my eyes and then pursed my lips,glaring at her.

"so what do you want to know?"I asked,knowing she had something to say.

"Who was that?your lover,friend, or boyfriend."she asked,giggling happily.

I stared at her in disbelief,then replied to her in the calmest way I could."Mum,
It was just Greg,a friend,I had met at the convenience store today after a long while."

"And?"she cut in,with her eyes widening."And what?"

"He asked,if I got plans"I replied.

"So,you said what?"Mom asked,with her eyes widening.

"Mom!what could I possibly say?"I paused,"I said,I could spare him some time."

"That's more like it!"Mom squealed in excitement."you are getting the hang of it."

I shook my head as I watched her juggle in excitement in her world of fantasies that she had created of me in her head.

  I don't know if it's just me that feels this way,but Mom is always so eager to hear my views on  boys.I don't think she knows I got no time for boys now plus,I really won't be surprised if she had arrange a blind date for me.

A/N: How do you like this first chapter.Any suggestions, criticism or comments are all welcomed.

And I'd love it if you could vote for the story.I will be extremely motivated if you could help me get this book to 1K reads and 100 votes or 1000 at least and 500 comments.It really doesn't matter if its from the same person.

Stay happy and stay safe!