Chapter 2

I groaned and held my head in my hands. It was Monday at the time was 1:30pm. I was sitting in Starbucks with my laptop open in front of me and a notebook beside it. I had 300 more words to write until I was done my assignment for class and I had no inspiration to write, not one word came to mind. I heard the bell on the door chime but I was too frustrated to glance up to see who it was. I wrote down a sentence then read it over and hated it so I deleted it and another groan escaped my lips. 

“Looks like you could use another coffee.” I look up to see Calum standing in front of my table. I remove my head form my hands and smile.

“Are you stalking me?” I ask as he sits across from me.

“Only if you want me to.” He chuckles to himself. “Why so glum chum?” 

“Words.” I simply say.

“Care to explain?” He leans forward showing my that I have his full attention.

“Words are the most beautiful things we have. They express how we feel and they let others see how we feel for them. I am never at a lose for words and I fall in love with them too easily. I love words more then I love a lot things but sometimes, words can not make the journey from my brain to my mouth and when that happens I get so frustrated to the point where I hate them.”

“School bothering you?” I laugh and so does he.

“Yes. I’m glad you got that from my terrible explanation.” 

“Well I liked it. Anything I can help you with?” I shrug my shoulders and sigh.

“I’m three hundred words short of finishing my story and I do not know how I should end it.” 

“Well, what’s your story about?” He asks.

“A boy, named Calum,” I pause and see his face light up. “And he gets a mysterious note from who he presumes is a girl. He decides to go to all these parties to try and find this mystery girl; in his mind this girl is the most beautiful creature he can imagine, she’s the full package. Smart, funny, beautiful, she also has a rocking body.” Calum laughs. 

“I like how you can go from being all serious and poetic to saying ‘she has a rocking body.’” I smile and I feel myself blush. “Anyways, continue.” 

“Anyways, this girl is all that and he is determined to find her at one of these parties; three o’clock am rolls up and he hasn't found this girl yet so he decides to go back to his dorm room and write a note for her and leave it out all night, hoping that she will come by and see it. The next morning the note is gone and theres another note. That’s as far as I’ve gotten. I don’t know what the note should say. My main idea for the story was to have the essence of freedom; to have that infinite feel to it. Any ideas?” He thinks for a second then nods. 

“I have a great idea.” He takes my laptop and starts typing. I sit there and watch him type; his eyes looked intense as if he was focusing really hard on the words he was writing. Five minutes later he smiles and turns the laptop back round to me. “There. Done.” I look down at the laptop and start reading.