\seventeen\

They went back to the hotel and Corey had been unusually quiet the whole day, even the night before. No questions, no random facts, nothing. Beyoncé had asked him numerous times if he was okay and always said 'yes.' Even Shawn couldn't get a thorough response from him.

"Ima hop in the shower," Shawn said. "Y'all good?"

B sadly nodded. She had just lost her mother, so no, she was not 'good.' She nodded her head anyway to prevent herself from crying some more. "Aight, cool." Shawn walked off and B went out to the living room portion of the room. They were in the room with a suite, so Shawn and Beyoncé could share the room and close the door while Corey slept on the sofa bed by himself.

She went and sat next to Corey on the couch. "Talk to me, baby. What's wrong?" B started while rubbing his shoulder. "You going to miss grandma?"

He nodded his head. "It's okay, don't be sad. We will all meet again one day. Just because her human form is gone doesn't mean she's really gone from our lives." She explained. "She's here right now. She'll always be. You understand what I mean?"

Corey nodded again in understanding. "Mommy?"

"Yes, babe?"

"Is my daddy really a killer?" He asked sadly making Beyoncé's heart break. She wasn't expecting that question to part his lips. She wished he didn't ever ask her that. B was silent for a little too long because Corey asked again. He wasn't going to let her ignore it this time, he needed to know. "Did he really kill your brother? Is that why you hate him so much?"

"Corey, I don't hate your father..." She started, trying to dance around the question.

"You can tell me the truth, Mama. I just want to know if it's true."

B sighed heavily when she realized she had to tell him the truth because he wasn't going to budge. "Sometimes, Corey, people are put into positions where they make terrible choices. It can be a mistake... and sometimes those mistakes can lead to the loss of someone's life." She tried to explain in a nice way.

He tilted his head to the side as he tried to understand. "... so, yes?"

"Unfortunately... yes."

"Wow." He said as he started to tear up. "I see why you hate him now..."

"Baby, I don't hate him."

"I'm sorry, Mommy." He said and then hugged onto Beyoncé tightly.

B was confused. "You're sorry? For what?"

"For bringing him back into your life. I should've just listened to you and lived without him."

"Wait. What do you mean?" B frowned slightly, looking down at him. "What did you do?"

Corey was ashamed, he looked away to avoid the death glare Beyoncé was about to give him. "I found him online and then I wrote him a letter... I told him to come see me. And I told him to keep it a secret because I knew that you'd be mad at me." He lowered his head. "I'm sorry. I should've listened."

Beyoncé clenched her teeth together tightly. She was angry. She knew that Shawn would have never been able to find her. B looked at her son and almost wanted to hit him, but she had never even hit him before. Ever.

He clearly felt bad and it made her feel bad too. "It's okay." She forced herself to say. She didn't want to make him feel worse about anything going on. "I don't like that you did that, Corey, but I'm not going to be mad at you."

Corey cried clinging onto Beyoncé with both arms. "I wish I could take it back... I don't want him here anymore."

"Baby," she cooed and rubbed his head. "Don't say that."